XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-09-2019, 04:34 AM   #1
airbornesigs
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2013 E71 BMW X6M

Main Service on E71 X6M Consists Of?

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about tackling one of my major services on my car, I already do the oil services and a friend did the brake discs and pads last time. This time ill do those myself.

I was wondering what does the actual "main service" consist of on our M cars? Im thinking Plugs, Air Filters both air con and engine, Inspection of the engine using plug in to see any codes, all fluid levels..

What about wheel bearings, alignment and shock absorbers?

I will have just replaced the brakes and pads and just did an oil service so I wont need that, but normally would the "main service" include oil?

I am toying with the idea of treating her to a BMW dealer service but I dont want to pay $3500 for someone to plug in a computer and a set of plugs.

Thoughts guys??
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2019 X3 M40I

Bearings and shocks etc are wear items..change when warranted. An alignment is done as needed..after new tires or front end work for instance. When you get an alignment... ask them to lube steering linkages...often forgotten.

As for service... google BMW service one and two...you will get a return such as this: https://autoscope.co/cars/bmw-repair...ion-2-service/

In short...your manual is a a good guide... the X6m is a vehicle that is easy to do most maintenance items on...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
JoeMac40
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X6M

Good info to know!
Appreciate 0