XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435Xd White

My Order for X6 40d

Hi everyone.
I have now had an update for my New X6 40d.
It has now gone code 1200 Scheduled For production Week 14
Expected delivery to dealer is 20 May 2010.

Here is my Spec

Vehicle
FH02 E71 X6 xDrive40d N57 3.0
475 Black Sapphire
NASW Black Exclusive Nappa leather

Options

330 Dynamic package

2SK Star Spoke Style 259 10/11Jx20
456 Comfort seats, front
760 Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadow line
775 Headlining, Anthracite

ZXB Media package

609 Navigation-system Professional
612 BMW Assist
616 BMW Assist online portal
633 Bluetooth phone prep + telematics
654 DAB digital radio
6FL USB interface

248 Steering wheel heating
319 Universal Remote Control
322 Comfort Access
323 Soft-close doors
328 Running boards, aluminium
3AH Reversing Assist camera with Top View
430 Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
493 Extended storage
494 Seat heating, front
4AD Brushed Aluminium Trim
4UP Adaptive Fixing System
524 Adaptive Headlights
536 Auxiliary heating with remote control
5AC High-beam Assistant
5DF Active cruise control + Stop&Go function
610 Head-up Display
620 Voice Control
677 Loudspeaker system - LOGIC7 Professional
761 Sun protection glass
8TH Speed limit display
601 TV Function

I originally had the roof rails but deleted them as I decided that I prefer the clean roofline look (More Coupe than SUV)

I also deleted
5DK Side-view cameras
As it is not available until build week 24 ( I did not want to wait another 10 weeks for side view cameras)

I think that I possible have a week or so to tinker with the final spec before the vehicle goes confirmed and VIN number is issued.

I am still considering the sunroof as an option however my thoughts on the sun roof are:

Pros:
Increased light
Cons:
Ruins the clean roof line
Sun roof is too small
Wind Noise when open
No need for Sunroof when you have air con

Any Thoughts Opinions or Advise?

Any must have option missing from my spec ?
Adaptive drive is the obvious one but sadly no longer available for UK LHD Deisel X6.
I am also still debating on whether the running boards are a good thing or a bad thing I am becoming more of the opinion that the vehicle looks better without the running boards ...hmmmm!
Alos considering the through load ski-bag.

Can't wait until may - Hopefully i won't miss the M3 Conv too much.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
X6M
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzzy View Post
Any must have option missing from my spec ?
Adaptive drive is the obvious one but sadly no longer available for UK LHD Deisel X6.
I am also still debating on whether the running boards are a good thing or a bad thing I am becoming more of the opinion that the vehicle looks better without the running boards ...hmmmm!
Alos considering the through load ski-bag.

Can't wait until may - Hopefully i won't miss the M3 Conv too much.
Excellent options!!!
Very strange...why the Adaptive drive is not available for 40D? This is really on of the best X6 options. I think this is a marketing trick
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Dunzzy, Very solidly optioned! very nice.

I ordered my car from UK LHD and I am getting Adaptive Drive. Adaptive drive is only not available for RHD cars. the dealer can call the factory and ask them to add it.

Does it mean that if i remove side view cameras from my order, i will get my car sooner??
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

As far as adaptive drive is concerned its a not an option on RHD Diesel engined vehicles. It's only available on the 50i as an option and standard on the X6M.

It seems a very strange marketing decision. I had asked BMW HQ to confirm and the answer given was that AD was a very expensive option and not well taken up in the UK in 2009 so it is only available in the petrol engined vehicles.

In the uk 95% of X6's sold are Diesel.

I have also heard rumours that space taken up for brake energy regeneration etc does not leave room for AD components on RHD vehicles, Not sure if this is true as it seems to be available for 50i RHD.

However I did have the pleasure of driving two 35d's back to back (one with AD and one without). I did notice a subtle difference especially if you throw the car into corners however the ride was definitely firmer (you felt more bumps in the road) with AD even without sport mode.

I think I would still order it though (cos I am a gadget freak) if it was available but the sensible part of me says its not worth £2300 as it it did not make much difference.

So in the end there was no AD dilemma and no decision to make.
So hopefully no regrets as when I drove my first X6 without AD the feeling was simply-----WOW!!

So either with or without AD It's still WOW!!

With regards to the side view cameras:

I originally had Side view cameras confirmed but the BMW ordering system kicked it out when the order went to 1200 (confirmed). The automatically alerts the dealer. Who advised me of the week 24 issue.
For me it was a no brainer (nice to have but not worth waiting for category)

It would be worth checking with your dealer as the dates and configuration may be different for LHD as we have seen for AD already.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

thanks for the update. good to know.

One new thing - will the 40d have Brake energy Re-generation???? i was not aware of this.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks like this is the case.
It's one of the reasons why the fuel consumption figures have improved.
See extract from BMW update summary for MY2011 Changes

"X6 Sports Activity Coupe
The BMW X6 enters MY2011 with both increased efficiency and performance facilitated by the addition of an 8-speed automatic transmission and Brake Energy Regeneration. The result is that X6 xDrive35i accelerates from 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds (reduced by 0.2 seconds) while the X6 xDrive50i gets to 60mph in 5.2 seconds (reduced by 0.1 seconds).

Option changes include the addition of Lane Departure Warning and Active Cruise Control as stand-alone options for $950 and $2,400 respectively. Side View Cameras were added to Technology Package of the X6 xDrive35i making the new package price $2,500 and increasing functionality. The new Camera package for the X6 xDrive50i now offers both Side View and Top View for a retail price of $1,200. Finally, the Cold Weather Package is now $900 (reduced by $350) due to the deletion of the ski bag and heated rear seats.

The MY2011 X6 xDrive35i and X6 xDrive50i MSRP remain unchanged at $57,375 and $68,075, respectively, including $875 Destination & Handling."
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #7
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Can anyone confirm that the diesel version also has Brake energy regeneration?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Guys,

Can you please give me your opinion on two things:

1) X6 Sunroof - Worth it Or not ?
2) Aluminium Runner Boards Enhances the Looks of a Black X6 or Not ?

Please submit your opinions/ advice. This will help me finalise my spec.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

in my opinion,..

1. Sunroof makes the car look nice from the outside when you set it on TILT mode
2. On nice bright sunny hot days, you will appreciate to be able to open the sunroof and let some fresh air in, and enjoy the sun.
3. Sunroof makes the interior also more roomy, and less claustrophobic even when closed because you can push back the 1st layer to reveal only the glass.

1. Aluminium running boards look nice even on a black car. They make the car look more muscular in my opionion.

scotland is RHD drive right? so no adaptive drive. Other than that it looks like you are all set!

you didnt take the premium sound system or DVD?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 03:00 AM   #10
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

dumb marketing

Quote:
Looks like this is the case.
It's one of the reasons why the fuel consumption figures have improved.
See extract from BMW update summary for MY2011 Changes

"X6 Sports Activity Coupe
The BMW X6 enters MY2011 with both increased efficiency and performance facilitated by the addition of an 8-speed automatic transmission and Brake Energy Regeneration. The result is that X6 xDrive35i accelerates from 0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds (reduced by 0.2 seconds) while the X6 xDrive50i gets to 60mph in 5.2 seconds (reduced by 0.1 seconds).

Option changes include the addition of Lane Departure Warning and Active Cruise Control as stand-alone options for $950 and $2,400 respectively. Side View Cameras were added to Technology Package of the X6 xDrive35i making the new package price $2,500 and increasing functionality. The new Camera package for the X6 xDrive50i now offers both Side View and Top View for a retail price of $1,200. Finally, the Cold Weather Package is now $900 (reduced by $350) due to the deletion of the ski bag and heated rear seats.

The MY2011 X6 xDrive35i and X6 xDrive50i MSRP remain unchanged at $57,375 and $68,075, respectively, including $875 Destination & Handling."
Cold weather pkg without the ski bag & Rear heated seats ! Then what is the cold weather pkg ?? Snow tires! Morons' marketing !
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #11
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Ronald,

Thanks I have possibly another week or so to tinker with the spec.
I do have the premium sound system specified

Option

"677 Loudspeaker system - LOGIC7 Professional"
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #12
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I do have the premium sound system specified

Option

"677 Loudspeaker system - LOGIC7 Professional"
Dunzzy, This is not the highest spec sound option. S0752 - BMW Individual Audio System is now the premium sound package. Apparently it is supposed to be much better still.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #13
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Ronald,

Individual Audio certainly cost more however as with most HiFi and Audio you get diminished returns as you spend exponentially more.

Most reviews I have read on logic 7 say thinks like awesome and "Best hifi system I have heard in a car". This should more than meet my needs.
For me I think it will strike the right balance between cost and quality.

For me Ind Audio may be a little too excessive.
I would rather have the TV option instead.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #14
RW
Rep
Drives: X6

Dunzzy,
my 40d LHD has production week 14 with delivery 20/05/2010 WITH side view. So check with your dealer because side view has nothing to do with RHD or LHD
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Good point Dunzzy. i agree it may be the best value when you bring in cost. Sounds like a good package.

Do take pics at the dealer when you pickup your car. It would be nice to see.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #16
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Order update:
My dealer called to today. VIN number now allocated.
This means no more changes to specification and no sunroof.
I think I just saved £900+

LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

saving is always good.

my dealer also called me today to say that the SIDE VIEW cameras were in short supply so my car would be delayed till september unless i decide to forego this option.

So obviously i haved dropped side view mirrors. I can always have them installed later if i want them.

Has anyone else who has an X6 on order also been contacted by the dealer about side view cameras?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #18
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
saving is always good.

my dealer also called me today to say that the SIDE VIEW cameras were in short supply so my car would be delayed till september unless i decide to forego this option.

So obviously i haved dropped side view mirrors. I can always have them installed later if i want them.

Has anyone else who has an X6 on order also been contacted by the dealer about side view cameras?
Still no vin# here. I am going to plenty pissed if side view is going to delay order. in US side view is part of camera package so not even sure it could be removed
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
Dunzzy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Yep,

I also deleted
5DK Side-view cameras (see Original post on this thread)

My dealer advised that Side View Cameras are not available until build week 24.
Since I had a build week of week 14 I did not want to wait another 10 weeks for side view cameras.

I think if you are going to order them it would need to be on a dark paint colour. I have seen pics of them on the X5 and the stand out on the side of the bumper - IMO does not look good on a light paint colour. However may be Ok in dark paint. (Camera lens and bezel stand out - does not good IMO!!)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep

Quote:
Yep,

I also deleted

Since I had a build week of week 14 I did not want to wait another 10 weeks for side view cameras.

I think if you are going to order them it would need to be on a dark paint colour. I have seen pics of them on the X5 and the stand out on the side of the bumper - IMO does not look good on a light paint colour. However may be Ok in dark paint. (Camera lens and bezel stand out - does not good IMO!!)
my dealer is US is hearing rumors about sideview being delayed. I am annoyed but not surprised.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #21
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep

Quote:
Yep,

I also deleted

I thought the side camera was mounted under the outside mirrors. it's on the bumper somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #22
UK6
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & 330e

The side views are in the plastic bumper of the front wheel arch surround/bumper, top views are in the bottom of the mirrors.
Appreciate 0