XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: AW 528 xdrive (AW 335i coupe s

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
2010 x5 M at 74K miles

Hi guys , just wanted to ask you for some opinions. I'm thinking about buying a x5M and found one that I like. The car has 74K miles on it and it's making me think if I should get it or look for one with less miles.
Is 74K miles a lot for this car or shouldn't I worry about . If any of you guys can give me some feed back about how your cars are running with this amount of miles and if you been having any issues with it, I would appreciate it a lot.
M-tech front and rear bumpers /M3 style side skirts/gloss black painted roof/ black window trim/Matt black grill/35%tints/4"dimisaTips/CF splitters/M3 style trunk spoiler/VMR V70s/JB4/BMS dci/AMS FMIC/H&R sport with BMW performance shocks.
Thanx Sal and he's crew@AutoCoutureMotoring
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

I honestly think 74k miles is nothing on a BMW ... but then again I've seen cars driven to 500k miles and still going if maintained properly ... for example when I pulled the head on my M3 engine from 1999 it still looked new and it has 130 something thousand miles on it.

That said though 74k is around the time everything starts breaking so just be prepared for some upfront costs by assuming nothing has been done yet ... might be fine but then again it might not.

Just as an example my truck just hit 78k and from 70k to now I've had to invest quite a bit of money into the truck.

2 Fuel Pumps, 2 Crankcase vent hoses, 4 Fuel Injectors, Rear Brake Pads, Spark Plugs, Ignition coils, Drivers side intake, Passenger side intake gasket, tires ...

My opinion is if your thinking about buying one of these and found one you like then pull the trigger just be sure smart about it and get it inspected, don't rush into it and never look back.

Also make sure your prepared to invest into a bottomless money pit that makes you smile every time you drive it and makes all the money worth it.

Appreciate 0