XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

Offroad X6?!!?

Friends bug me that Touareg is better offroad that BMW. What's your opinion?!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Who bought the pneumatic suspension?! I wanted to start a new thread on this, but anteater is watching me, and ready to break my balls again. . .for posting. .not killing innocent dudes in Africa.

Pneumatic suspension is related to offroad. .isn't anteater it?!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
I would not take an X3/5/6 offroading. They are luxury haulers made for the occasional patch of snow/ice, or a picnic in the cow pasture. The Tourag/Cayenne are not for offroad either.

So to answer your question the Tourage is better offroad, because it looks hideous on pavement.

For offroading, get a real off-road vehicle, you know the ugly ones for offroading like 4Runner, Land Rover, Tahoe, etc.
      07-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

This is like saying what's better for a track, a Nissan Xterra, or a Toyota FJ Cruiser, both of which would absolutely rape an Xbimmer or Touareg offroad.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 02:31 AM   #5
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
I think you should buy Touareg or better wait for Dacia to make new offroader with Renault and than you can drive with your friend!!!!!

Stupid question,again...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:40 AM   #6
egg666
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP/YMBlue/Black/MP Kit///

Never intended for harsh terrain anyway and I think BMW made it clear, X6 is a SAC.

Just in case you're stuck in mud, here you go...

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:56 AM   #7
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Well yes, I meant by off road getting on an unpaved road with some bumps and potholes, some mud and snow, not climbing mountains. Deda, I really don't understand why this hostility. Forums are about asking questions about anything related to this or another vehicle,and receiving answers.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:28 AM   #8
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Well yes, I meant by off road getting on an unpaved road with some bumps and potholes, some mud and snow, not climbing mountains. Deda, I really don't understand why this hostility. Forums are about asking questions about anything related to this or another vehicle,and receiving answers.
Yes,i agree...but i dont understand you and your questions..there is no hostility,i am just realistic..maybe i am to old for that kind of qustions that you are interested for..i am 31 and i was asking that kind of questions when i was 12...
Who cares is x6 or touareg better offroader,man you are buying one of the best driving machines..you are going to drive it in city or highway 99,99 %,so there is no place for offroader questions..your question remembered me when i was 11 and i was looking inside car,throught window glass to see how high is gratuated..is it 200km/h or 220km/h.. enjoy your day!!!

and finally...yes X6 is better offroader!!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #9
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Yes,i agree...but i dont understand you and your questions..there is no hostility,i am just realistic..maybe i am to old for that kind of qustions that you are interested for..i am 31 and i was asking that kind of questions when i was 12...
Who cares is x6 or touareg better offroader,man you are buying one of the best driving machines..you are going to drive it in city or highway 99,99 %,so there is no place for offroader questions..your question remembered me when i was 11 and i was looking inside car,throught window glass to see how high is gratuated..is it 200km/h or 220km/h.. enjoy your day!!!

and finally...yes X6 is better offroader!!
Hey Deda!
We are all diffrent, thats the good part of this world (and ofcourse BMW)
Let anyone ask their questions. Im shure you can aford that short time in your life that it will take for you to scroll by it

Have a nice day all of you!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
JMDHSMIAMI
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 Space Grey/Oyster Nevada

Does an X6 run over gay BMW designers as good as a Touareg does over a VW gay designer?

I couldn't resist.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDHSMIAMI View Post
Does an X6 run over gay BMW designers as good as a Touareg does over a VW gay designer?

I couldn't resist.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Deda, btw, I am 45. And I still own a Mitsubishi Montero 1989 (or Pajero here) and that's why I asked the question. I plan to keep the Montero for offroad, not far from our house in the mountains. But I wanted to know if I can take my 5 years old daughter on rougher roads to enjoy the scenery of the mountains, with the X6. .on roads quite far away from where I keep the Montero. . The oldie is still running well, but don't want to take it away for longer trips, in some remote areas. . The mileage of the Montero is about the same as the 35d, but at under 100 HP. . .Plus, don't want to have something break in the middle of nowhere. . .It's an almost 20 years old 4x4. So shorter trips are better for the granny.

PS: Sorry, at twelve, I didn't even have a bike.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #13
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
If your friends bug you too much, go buy a Touareg and make them happy...

I settled on the X6 primarily because of its superior all wheel drive capabilities for winter driving and for the occasional drive to the cottage but other than that, I do not intend on going offroading with the X6!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #14
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post
Hey Deda!
We are all diffrent, thats the good part of this world (and ofcourse BMW)
Let anyone ask their questions. Im shure you can aford that short time in your life that it will take for you to scroll by it

Have a nice day all of you!
Yes,i guess you right.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #15
JMDHSMIAMI
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Deda, btw, I am 45. And I still own a Mitsubishi Montero 1989 (or Pajero here) and that's why I asked the question. I plan to keep the Montero for offroad, not far from our house in the mountains. But I wanted to know if I can take my 5 years old daughter on rougher roads to enjoy the scenery of the mountains, with the X6. .on roads quite far away from where I keep the Montero. . The oldie is still running well, but don't want to take it away for longer trips, in some remote areas. . The mileage of the Montero is about the same as the 35d, but at under 100 HP. . .Plus, don't want to have something break in the middle of nowhere. . .It's an almost 20 years old 4x4. So shorter trips are better for the granny.

PS: Sorry, at twelve, I didn't even have a bike.
If one is interested in a car, they do an exhaustive search for any and all information on the vehicle prior to buying or entertaining a purchase of a vehicle. I am by no means a car fanatic, and will probably fall away from posting after my vehicle (pick up this Saturday! ) has lost its "new toy appeal" but do appreciate the input of posters on this site for this vehicle to answer and suggest healthy debate over this vehicle. The acronym for the car is SAC not SUV. They have never presumed to promote this as an off road vehicle nor put it up against other vehicles that do have off road ability. Try off roading in 20 inch rims with no available guards for the front or rear. DUH.

It has been shown along side the Infiniti FX, and other hybrid variations of an SUV and never an actual SUV. So the answer to your question is a question, WTF???
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #16
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDHSMIAMI View Post

I couldn't resist.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #17
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Well, I assumed that an "exhaustive search" should also include this forum. You seem not to agree, but other forum members are eager to help. So. . .
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #18
JMDHSMIAMI
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

"eager" is not the word. "put up" with is more like it.

You got off on the wrong foot with some, like myself.

END OF DISCUSSION FOR ME.
Appreciate 0