XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

Props to Omar@VelosDesignwerks for my upcoming X5M tune!

Just want to give big props to Omar@VelosDesignwerks for the excellent service and price for my X5M's tune. I have yet to receive my tune but from the level of his service and from other satisfied customers - I'm very confident about this product.

I will update this thread once I get some first hand experience on it.
Omar, thank you again!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats man! I know you'll enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Thanks for the business, Enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

So here's a mini-review.

Power delivery is brutal, I felt a bit down with the OEM power output and delivery but the tune definitely gives it a new life. I took the X5M to a long drive last month (drove more than 1K miles) and the best I could peak or average is 18.3mpg. After the tune, my best peak mpg is 19.6mpg and this is driving like a grandma - obviously, I got bored after a while so went back to sports shift and M mode. In real world, I was gaining about 1mpg mixed driving but this can vary a lot from temperature, location where I drove, traffic condition, number of passengers, etc - but again, I tried to compare apples to apples and 1mpg gain is very easy to achieve.

Throttle response is much, much better now but I wish it is more sensitive (I have a M/T V8 E60 with SprintBooster and I really like the throttle response on the most aggressive setting). I'm thinking of putting S/B on the X5M but that would kill about 2mpg again.

Downside - not sure. I would say, I was a bit nervous during the upgrade process and even while waiting it to be delivered since Velos is relatively new (at least for me). I basically bought it because of the feedback from fellow members who got the tune and from other forum sites (non-BMW) and it seems that they have good reps.

Overall, I recommend the tune and Velos as a company. Very responsive team by the way.
Appreciate 0