XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #23
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStoreMoney View Post
A friend of mine was considering the new C7 Corvette, a used BMW M3, or a used Carrera S. People definitely cross shop those vehicles. He ended up buying a 2012 M3.
I think the Stingray looks fantastic. It's not as loud, just a very good evolution of the C6 design.

I'm sure over on the Corvette forums, the new Z06 is probably causing an uproar. I mean they're offering it in an automatic AND as a convertible?!?!?!

Probably saying that this is the death of the brand, blah blah blah. You know, nothing you'd ever read on THIS forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #24
BimmerFan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

A friend has one and I have been on several rides. That thing is epic. I have never liked Vets. I just could never get around the build quality, but the styling was somewhat okay/passable. The C7 is in a different league. Its almost as if the same company did not a make the car. Take the name away and it would easily pass for a totally different car. Interior materials are on Euro/Italian car quality levels. The exhaust note especially the upgraded one is simply music to the ears. The acceleration feels much stronger than what's under the hood. For the money, there is just nothing else out there that can mess with this car. If I were un-married and have no children, this car would definitely be in my top three cars to own..considering how much I put in my 335i with the options.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

The more I see this the more I hate it. I respect the performance of the car, but the looks are horrible. This reminds me of some futuristic matchbox toy.