XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-22-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
Multibimmer
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Pesky P0443 code

My car is actually an E53, but I'm pretty sure the same troubleshooting would apply to a newer model. I've been getting the SES light intermittently on my 03 4.4i for several months, caused by code P0443, which is for "Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit". I first replaced the gas cap, and cleared the codes, but the light came right back on. So, I went ahead and replaced the purge control valve, again cleared the codes, but again, it's right back on.

The wording of the code indicates it's an electrical problem, but I'm wondering if it could just as easily be a leak of some kind. Anybody here ever fight with this code, which I gather is a pretty common one? Any suggestions as to what to try next? Thanks.
Appreciate 0