XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-16-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Bimmerfest caravan owned the roads

Driving down from NY to Jersey in a caravan with 50-100 cars was good and bad...

The Good- I was in heaven surrounded by beautiful Bimmers as far as the eye can see, everybody's car was extra clean and the sound of all the ///M engines screaming down the highway was intoxicating! We made multiple stops along the way and met up with other groups of cars as we took over and owned the roads!

The look on other drivers/passengers faces was priceless...as they putted along in their average everyday car, we blasted past them in our high hp machines...Passengers sat with their jaws wide open saying WTF as hundreds of Bimmers past them...we left them reaching for their phones snapping pics of our beautiful cars wishing they owned the ultimate driving machine!

Every stop we made, we were met by larger groups of cars adding to the takeover...other BMW's on the road we passed decided to join the caravan and push their car to the limit as we followed the speed limit of 55mph

The Bad- As far as driving in caravan, I'm always down for that...I will never throw anybody under the buss but whoever decided to take control and be the leader of our caravan...You need to do your homework and make sure you know where your going next time brother

Besides driving around in circles for 30 mins, I'm pretty sure nobody was happy about going over the GW Bridge 3 times! It's called a caravan for a reason...like I said before I had a lot of fun driving down as a group but when we got to our final stop where we met up with an additional 50+ cars, everybody decided to drive like maniacs and weave in and out of heavy traffic

You could barely see the lead car or whoever was behind you anymore...Regular cars were cutting into our lane of beautiful Bimmers creating an eye sore. Our caravan was breaking down and becoming groups of 3-5 cars scattered throughout the highway. Temperatures were reaching the high 90's, cops were pulling us over left and right, E36 M3's were overheating on the side of the road, E9x 328's couldn't keep up, it was chaos!

Finally 3 hours later we enter Bimmerfest to sit in traffic yet again, at least you were surrounded by beautiful bimmers... I had a great time once we got inside and met lots of great enthusiasts. I can't wait till next years Bimmerfest, hopefully we can have it at the same place again...those of you who weren't able to attend missed out on a great day!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
2slick4u
Corporate Thug
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 30i

Daaang...What happened to using ummmmm GPS?? Hell, not even.. It was a straight run down 95 South to exit 9 to RT 18 South. Follow the signs to Englishtown, then a quick hop on 527 to Raceway Park. Yo hitting the GWB 2x's additional woulda straight pissed me off.

Anyhow, agree with you 100% bro. Other than that heat, I really enjoyed the Bimmerfest experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #3
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick4u View Post
Daaang...What happened to using ummmmm GPS?? Hell, not even.. It was a straight run down 95 South to exit 9 to RT 18 South. Follow the signs to Englishtown, then a quick hop on 527 to Raceway Park. Yo hitting the GWB 2x's additional woulda straight pissed me off.

Anyhow, agree with you 100% bro. Other than that heat, I really enjoyed the Bimmerfest experience.
I rolled out with a big group Saturday morning and all the guys were real cool with beautiful cars... but once we got down by the GW bridge we crossed the bridge 3 times lol I had a great time besides losing my phone and all the pics I took! I had my friend send me a few he took
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

All I have for now
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #5
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

I was on a family trip down 95 on saturday. Couldn't make the trip to Bimmerfest but saw lots of bimmers on the road. It was a nightmare when my in-laws had to use the restroom and the service stations were packed. Also, saw a bunch of guys speeding recklessly weaving in and out of traffic.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboost View Post
I was on a family trip down 95 on saturday. Couldn't make the trip to Bimmerfest but saw lots of bimmers on the road. It was a nightmare when my in-laws had to use the restroom and the service stations were packed. Also, saw a bunch of guys speeding recklessly weaving in and out of traffic.
Yea there were a few knuckle heads speeding in and out of traffic but the majority of us drove in groups at normal speeds...every service station was mobbed for some reason
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #7
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

I have few more
Attached Images

08-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #8
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep

LOL... I proposed to that chick in the white shorts!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #9
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo
LOL... I proposed to that chick in the white shorts!
She's my wifey lol
      08-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #10
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
This is all I got...

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #11
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Having done Bimmerfest (west) for the past 4yrs, driving from Seattle-Hollywood-Vegas-Seattle, often being placed into the lead position...it's not as easy as one may think. Everyone is excited, give them an open stretch of highway and suddenly they're all race car drivers and often packs get broken up because while we don't wanna miss an exit, we don't wanna break up the pack and often people either get ahead of group and/or aren't on the same walkie-talkie channel to let them know where the next turn is. Most don't print the directions, lay out a preplanned course...they just "follow"...to a point lol.

Nevertheless, EVERY single year has been AWESOME. Even with all the random idiocy, disorganization or lack of ability to herd the sheep together, I'll continue doing it every year...it's more about the trip than the destination :-)

Last edited by m5james; 08-21-2015 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 1