XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #23
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

My wife trolls around town in a 2012 white X5M with Sakhir Orange extended leather and loves them combo! She gets about 13 to 14 mpg with dedicated winter tires or summer tires btw. It is also our road trip trucks just did a 2500 miles round trip to go skiing. Let me tell you that there is no better truck for the family to haul your ski stuff around, put the skis and snowboards on your roof and zip through the Rockies like It is a sports car

There is no substitute for this truck, even our friends with Cayenne Turbos are impressed....gas is cheap but tires are not. Resist upgrading to larger wheels. Make sure you get one with full maintenance history, these trucks need to get taken care of. We had to replace the ECU and never found out why, the truck just died on us a couple of years ago and that was supposedly the issue.

I am happy to see that your wife is ok, the truck did its job! This would be a great recovery gift for her!
Appreciate 0