XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5M

Exhaust options

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what any of you are running Fabspeed for aftermarket exhaust or any others and have any postive or negative feedback. I've been looking at a few different ones and I realize that pretty much everyone says that Akrapovic is highly recommended but I'm not looking to spend that much money for an exhaust. So I've been considering Fabspeed as one which I thought sounded and looked really good with the black tips and even Megan Racing for just a simple axleback. I know there has been some negative comments about putting a low price exhaust one a expensive car but that isn't a concern of mine as long as it does its job and doesn't fall apart.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 12:50 AM   #2
DrMattN40
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX5Monster View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to know what any of you are running Fabspeed for aftermarket exhaust or any others and have any postive or negative feedback. I've been looking at a few different ones and I realize that pretty much everyone says that Akrapovic is highly recommended but I'm not looking to spend that much money for an exhaust. So I've been considering Fabspeed as one which I thought sounded and looked really good with the black tips and even Megan Racing for just a simple axleback. I know there has been some negative comments about putting a low price exhaust one a expensive car but that isn't a concern of mine as long as it does its job and doesn't fall apart.

Thanks
I've done some research on them and watched the videos... for the money, the Fabspeed is what I plan on in the next few months. I have been in contact with them and they are very responsive and helpful if you email them.

But the way, glad you got that transfer case fixed... I bring mine in on Tuesday and I told the service guy " I know it isn't throwing a transmission code, but I know this is what it is, because this is not "normal" "
      11-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep

That's what I'm thinking as well and really like how it sounds. I'm glad you're bringing it back in cause you shoudn't be left hanging driving it like that. The standard tech couldn't find it but didn't take the apprentice mre than a few hours to finf it to be the transfer case. If they have questions or don't listen to you I will get you the name of the guy I've been dealing with and your tech can call mine to confirm the issue and repair.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 05:34 PM   #4
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep

I sent you the info for the guys at BMW that found the issue with mine and hoping that they figured yours out as well and fixed it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #5
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX5Monster View Post

Thanks
mod your own... do a search and cut the exhaust open, move the "M" muffler to the regular side and then a straight pipe to the the M side...You have a great sounding exhaust for $400 with valve control. I did mine, sounds great 3x as loud in M mode
      12-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #6
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep

Is that the same thing that ROBNY just posted with pics?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
XX5Monster
Private First Class
Rep

Also what do the valves do?
Appreciate 0