XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
ndabunka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d Sport Black/Black

ActiveHybrids wheel questions

#1. I know that some Hybrid cars/trucks REQUIRE the use of certain wheels. In many case this is to help with meeting the fuel economy standards but in other cases the regenerative braking components in the wheel well ALSO influence the wheel decision. I am considering all used x6's so this brings up the question. Can you easily slap on the M6 rims onto an ActiveHybrid and be "OK".

#2. ActiveHybrid performance in snow - I own a Highlander Hybrid and have driven it in snow (a lot) and never gotten stuck but other HH owners have claimed that due to the "way" the synergy hybrid system works, they have gotten stuck with the system refusing to put power down to the snow (because all FOUR wheels are slipping). Have there been any similar issues with the BMW ActiveHybrid power plant design...at all? I haven't seen any but then again I have only started looking into these x6's for about the past week.

follow up - If there IS an issue with the BMW AWD on the ActiveHybrids, is it restricted to them alone or do the other 'X-drive" BMW's has a similar potential risk ....seeing as they are not full-time AWD like a Jeep or whatever?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
ndabunka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d Sport Black/Black

No CPO possible so no need to reply. Search abandoned
Appreciate 0