XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-30-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
dimitrik
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Charging iPhone 3G

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting their iPhone 3G to charge in their X6. I know Apple changed from firewire to USB charging, but over on E90post some people seem to have had success with the 440 796 (i think) Y cable from BMW.

I checked mine and I have that part number printed on it but when I connect it, I get the usual message, when I say no to airplane mode it let's me play music but the iPhone doesn't charge. All is see is the plug icon on the batter instead of the thunder bolt. That does make me curious though, the plug icon appears when the iPhone is fully charged. When I connected it, there was plenty missing. Does that mean that although it can't charge it, it may be able to maintain the charge at the current level?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, D
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
rockmed
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrik View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting their iPhone 3G to charge in their X6. I know Apple changed from firewire to USB charging, but over on E90post some people seem to have had success with the 440 796 (i think) Y cable from BMW.

I checked mine and I have that part number printed on it but when I connect it, I get the usual message, when I say no to airplane mode it let's me play music but the iPhone doesn't charge. All is see is the plug icon on the batter instead of the thunder bolt. That does make me curious though, the plug icon appears when the iPhone is fully charged. When I connected it, there was plenty missing. Does that mean that although it can't charge it, it may be able to maintain the charge at the current level?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, D
I never notices wether my 3G phone was actually charging or not. I'll have to check the next time and let you know. In the mean time, check out http://discussions.apple.com/thread....7049&tstart=-6
Appreciate 0