XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-30-2014, 03:55 AM   #1
bktheboss
Rep
Drives: evoque

X5 (E70) Door Sill Covers

Hi guys, what do you think of these? No such part exists in the BMW line up to protect especially the curved section on your door sills, just designed, hope to receive some good feedback.. available on the famous auction site

Last edited by bktheboss; 05-30-2014 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #2
BMW_Diesel_Owner
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d

They look great! I know these items have been around online, but potential buyer concern is durability. Can you put your full weight on them without cracking them?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
hd2000fxdl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

They look very nice, Price?

Harry
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
bktheboss
Rep
Drives: evoque

thanks guys, more feedback will also be welcome..

durability? well, they are backed with 3M VHB double side tapes, as far as I know there is no better than those in the world, all major automotive manufacturers utilize only these, I guess they assure that these parts will never move once installed, being flush fit following the curvature of the sills, all your weight will be transfered to the bodyside, never heard of anyone succeeded in cracking them

Unlike else, these involve no paint at all, even if they get scratched in the long term, those lettering will stay readable because they are machined from above the surface on the micron level..

Price, I don't know if it is appropriate to speak of that in here but not something ridiculous, no one has ever complained about our pricing, so many feedbacks we have on the bay, not to mention that they were all 100%positive Search for "BMW X5 BMW X6 Door Sill Covers - Set of 4"

Rgds,
BK
Appreciate 0