XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
scottyv
Modding Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 5.0

Video in motion working on X6

DVD Video in Motion as Promised

As my forum handle is the Modding Master I have made good on my moniker:

Therefore I now present DVD Video in Motion for the X6:

Just installed on my 2010 X6 5.0:

http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=2320

Here is a youtube video install for reference (not an X6, but helpful):

Dash removal on the X6 is simple start with the center vent module. It is just snapped in, grasp and pull it straight out. Unplug all the center vent harnesses and remove the vent module.

Then remove the 2 screws on the top of the Heater/AC panel, now you can pull and remove the lower section which is just snapped in. Unplug these harnesses and remove the panel.

You can now access the radio itself, now remove the four screws that secure it and once these are removed you can pull out the radio to expose the harness that needs to be tapped & spliced

2 wires need to be tapped (not cut,) and 2 wires need to be spliced (cut) into the module. It is simple just be careful on the pin locations, the instructions show you how.

It took me just over and hour and it is easy to do. The instructions are fairly straightforward.

It works great once activated it stays activated and you don't need to use any buttons to re-activated it.

There is a way to deactivate it so it cannot be detected in service as well.
2010 Alpine White X6 5.0 with Oyster Leather / Dark Wood Trim -- Sport Package with 20" Style 259 Wheels, Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, 7RR Performance Pkg, Active Steering, Running Boards, Rear View Cam & Top view, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Comfort Access, Space Saver Spare, Sat Radio, Smartphone Integration

Last edited by scottyv; 01-09-2010 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: grammer
Appreciate 0