XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
jocamryn
Major
Rep
Drives: '23X4 M40i/'24 X2(In Transit)

Looking ahead to the next vehicle

My wife and I are discussing our next acquisition. Timing is perfect as I retire (Army) and the kids, "leave the nest", and I fully expect to jump into defense contracting. All of this occurs in the same year.

Anyway, I was talking about getting a maxed out 5er and she surprised me with the idea of a X6. Either way it's a substantial upgrade from any 3 series. When I asked about her logic, She wants a road trip vehicle and well, "everybody" has a 5er or X5 and well, "6 is higher than 5 right". I'm not sure she knows it's made in the US. I'm leaning towards the xDrive50i. SO a couple of questions.

A) XD35i or XD50i?

B) Any regrets? Either about getting an X5 and not an X6 or vice versa?

C) How has relaibilty been with the X6 ?

D) XD35i, does it have the Same HPFP issues as the 335? This is primarily why I'm leaning towards the XD50i and stayed away from the 335.

Anyway I appreciate any insight that anyone can privide.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
Alex Kuk
Belarus
Rep
Drives: X6 35d

Garage List
2002 MB SL500  [0.00]
2008 BMW X6  [0.00]
A) XD35i or XD50i?
Or 50i or 35d. Depend from your (or your wife) spirits.

X5 is the same technical but more family and less aggressive than X6.

The shit like all BMW If serious the same like X5. Lexus more reliabilty, but . Guaranty help you.

D) XD35i, does it have the Same HPFP issues as the 335? This is primarily why I'm leaning towards the XD50i and stayed away from the 335.

I use x6, my wife use x5. Sometime we change.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post
My wife and I are discussing our next acquisition. Timing is perfect as I retire (Army) and the kids, "leave the nest", and I fully expect to jump into defense contracting. All of this occurs in the same year.

Anyway, I was talking about getting a maxed out 5er and she surprised me with the idea of a X6. Either way it's a substantial upgrade from any 3 series. When I asked about her logic, She wants a road trip vehicle and well, "everybody" has a 5er or X5 and well, "6 is higher than 5 right". I'm not sure she knows it's made in the US. I'm leaning towards the xDrive50i. SO a couple of questions.

A) XD35i or XD50i?

Thanks!
Jocamryn,
Was machen sie in deutschland? Whereabouts are you? I didn't think there were anymore of us left over there in Germany. I want that overseas military discount. LOL.

Damn, I miss Germany.
Appreciate 1
jocamryn145.00
      01-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
jocamryn
Major
Rep

Autobahns are a dream, MIitary discount AND tax free. I plan on retiring here and staying "in the business" so the discount will still appply. Only difference is that I plan on taking delivery at "die Welt". I want that experience next time.

SO how do you like you X6? We're going to test drive one in Grafenwoehr next time we go there. BTW I grew up in NoVa. Was back thereir for some training last month. I don't so much miss the traffic there.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:

A) XD35i or XD50i?

Thanks!
X6 is great road trip car.
I have 50i and love it.
reliability is good, there were some issues when vehicle launched (notably wrong battery) and some have had various issues since just like any other model.
Get the comfort seats they are great on road trips, my wife loves them.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Autobahns are a dream, MIitary discount AND tax free. I plan on retiring here and staying "in the business" so the discount will still appply. Only difference is that I plan on taking delivery at "die Welt". I want that experience next time.

SO how do you like you X6? We're going to test drive one in Grafenwoehr next time we go there. BTW I grew up in NoVa. Was back thereir for some training last month. I don't so much miss the traffic there.
I'm still waiting on my X6 50i to be delivered in Jan. Did alot of research before finally pulling the trigger. I'm with ya on the tax free and military discount perks. I miss those. Grafenwoehr-Don't have any good memories of that place, especially during the rainy season.

I'm not a fan of the traffic here either. My wife is seriously wanting us to move back to Europe, probably somewhere in Bavaria. Whereabouts are you in Germany? We still got people there? You happen to know of any real estate websites(preferably in English) you can point me in direction to? Hey, didn't forget to thank you for serving.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I will echo ReInvestor, Thanks for serving.
My son is in Air Force and is on special assignment with Army Special Forces in Afghanistan.
Appreciate 1
jocamryn145.00
      01-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

If u are not in a hurry u can wait the launch of the X5 facelifted version: it will receive the turbo petrol engines and a fresh look! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 02:08 AM   #9
jocamryn
Major
Rep

My problem is that "everybody" has the X5 around me. I want something unique nor will I need that extra space for passengers by then. At that point in my life I just want something that says "Yea, I made it finally". And the X6 does it IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My problem is that "everybody" has the X5 around me. I want something unique nor will I need that extra space for passengers by then. At that point in my life I just want something that says "Yea, I made it finally". And the X6 does it IMHO.

Agree, no matter where i parking don't see another one of these. once in a while on the highway.
Appreciate 0