XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Waiting for confirmation

I have asked for a special order - nothing really special - just things that are on the US site but BMW Canada does not include.

X5M
Executive package
Monte Carlo Blue
Full Silverstone Leather
Carbon Leather trim
Comfort seats - ventilated - active seats
High gloss roof rails

The items in italics seem to cause heartburn at BMW Canada. I tried to get Individual leather trim inside - they said no. I tried to get wood trim inside - no.

In frustration I test drove a Range Rover and a RR Sport. Kept banging my head on the headliner in the sport. The RR was nice but the suspension was too soft - I would end up rolling it on an on ramp.

Now I have to wait for BMW Canada to "permit" me to buy this vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Individ: 99 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31

This is absolutely ridiculous. These are simple options and all they have to do is manually execute a form and send it to the right person for approval.

Whenever you try to order something special or Individual you need to give them the actual option code. You'd be surprised how lazy and incompetent SA's are!

ZAV is for the comfort seats ventilated etc...
S3MCA is the high gloss shadowline roof rail.

On an X5d I have on order, I was able to get Individual wood, soft close doors and Individual Sound. I could have even got a custom color but opted not to.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
I have asked for a special order - nothing really special - just things that are on the US site but BMW Canada does not include.

X5M
Executive package
Monte Carlo Blue
Full Silverstone Leather
Carbon Leather trim
High gloss roof rails

The items in italics seem to cause heartburn at BMW Canada. I tried to get Individual leather trim inside - they said no. I tried to get wood trim inside - no.

In frustration I test drove a Range Rover and a RR Sport. Kept banging my head on the headliner in the sport. The RR was nice but the suspension was too soft - I would end up rolling it on an on ramp.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11 x5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim E. View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous. These are simple options and all they have to do is manually execute a form and send it to the right person for approval.

Whenever you try to order something special or Individual you need to give them the actual option code. You'd be surprised how lazy and incompetent SA's are!

ZAV is for the comfort seats ventilated etc...
S3MCA is the high gloss shadowline roof rail.

On an X5d I have on order, I was able to get Individual wood, soft close doors and Individual Sound. I could have even got a custom color but opted not to.

Good luck.
Damn I didn't know you could get just certain Individual options like that. Soft close doors and piano black trim on my new x5d would have been great. Do you know how much those options are (such as the wood, sound, and soft close)? I know the paint is 5k$. Even though its too late as I just received my car I am pretty curious and wished I knew ahead of time.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
X5dieselfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011x53.5d

I was told by the dealer that there was not anything that they could do to get a custom order into the factory. That is fantastic that you are working with someone who is willing to do that for you. You are in Canada, and I know you pay dearly for BMW's, so maybe they are willing to be a bit more adaptable to your needs.

Your vehicle you are building is amazing, be sure to post some pics when it arrives!

Best of Luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayRight View Post
Damn I didn't know you could get just certain Individual options like that. Soft close doors and piano black trim on my new x5d would have been great. Do you know how much those options are (such as the wood, sound, and soft close)? I know the paint is 5k$. Even though its too late as I just received my car I am pretty curious and wished I knew ahead of time.
You mean like this trim?

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You mean like this trim?
Yes! That's the one. I saw that in the showroom on a new 750 and fell in love. I can't even find it online (on Tischer or any other parts dealer) because I would love to buy that for my x5
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry forgot to answer your questions.

Soft close doors were $625
Individual wood is was $925.
Individual Sound is $2050

Other options:

Climate comfort windcreen is $250 (cannot be ordered with Lane Departure Warning)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Other options:

Climate comfort windcreen is $250 (cannot be ordered with Lane Departure Warning)
Thank you, soft close would have been so worth it as would the piano black trim.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

X5M
Executive package
Monte Carlo Blue
Full Silverstone Leather
Carbon Leather trim
High gloss roof rails

Awesome car but i can't fathom why they wouldn't let you order it the way you want it. Not sure if you are a repeat customer to that dealer but I would definitely either check with another dealer or threaten to take your business elsewhere to get what you want.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes! That's the one. I saw that in the showroom on a new 750 and fell in love. I can't even find it online (on Tischer or any other parts dealer) because I would love to buy that for my x5
If you want the part numbers PM me and I can look them up. It is pricey though but I can probably hook you up with a dealer that can order and ship it to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5dieselfan View Post
I was told by the dealer that there was not anything that they could do to get a custom order into the factory.
Pure laziness or ignorance. Either way it's sad.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
It is really frustrating. This is my 6th build to order BMW and my 10th all from the same dealer. They have shared the emails that they got back from BMW Canada, it is not that the dealer is not trying. There is an attitude at BMW Canada - "take it or leave it". If the cars were not so good I would leave it. The owner of the dealership is even taking up the issues with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
StayRight
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It is really frustrating. This is my 6th build to order BMW and my 10th all from the same dealer. They have shared the emails that they got back from BMW Canada, it is not that the dealer is not trying. There is an attitude at BMW Canada - "take it or leave it". If the cars were not so good I would leave it. The owner of the dealership is even taking up the issues with BMW.
Ok, I thought the issue was with the dealer being lazy. I'm almost shocked BMW of Canada isn't trying to accomodate you. You should try giving their corporate number a call and talk to some customer service manager. Let them know of your history of owning BMWs and I would be VERY surprised if they didn't try to make something happen for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #14
IGotId
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 M

Quote:
You mean like this trim?

that looks great! do you have any more pics? how durable is that trim? (scratch-resistant, etc)

Quote:

Other options:

do you have any idea how much the other trims cost? piano black? carbon leather? etc.

can you post more info on how to order Individual trim? thanks.