XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-29-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
cilotekil
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6

Angry My BMW X 6 Night Mare

Hi,
since high school. I wanted to own a BMW I seen great people driving BMWs so I thought they were great cars. For years I would dream of owning a BMW, When BMW introduce the X6, I feel in love with it. I said that's the car for me.
In February of 2012 my dream came true. I was the proud and happy owner, of an
X6.The day I sign the papers for the x6, was the happiest day of my life.
The vehicle still had warranty left, and I paid for the extended warranty.
After a few months of driving, the low oil light came on, I called the dealer.
I was told to bring it BMW of Main, were they added two quarts of oil.
Then on 11/29/12 was the beginning of the end of my Life.
In the message center of the vehicle, got message stating increased battery discharged. The vehicle only had 23, 192, took it back to Main BMW.
They had to replace the frame (FOOTWELL MODULE); luckily it was covered under warranty.
Just under two weeks 12/14/12, later an only 450 mile from last service. The check engine light came on.
BMW found the low pressure fuel sensor was not working, and it needed to be replaced.
They also told me that they found, that the engine bay partitions sections, left, center, and right was broke were sitting on the engine. The lower center bay partition was also broken in the middle .where top pieces sit on. The lower
Center partition was also broken. Yes these items were covered under the warranty, my concern was this was same dealer that worked on my vehicle two weeks before, how did these things get broken. Seven days into 2013, less that four weeks went by, my vehicle is back at Mail line BMW,
Check engine light is back on. This time they replaced all eight fuel injectors, and all eight spark plugs. Plus they had to replace my worn intake seals, again my vehicle had less than 25,000 mile. Again everything was covered under warranty. The day after I picked vehicle up from having repairs done, the low oil light was on. Again,
Main BMW told me to bring vehicle back. They added two more quarts of oil.
I asked the service advisor should I be concern about the lost of oil, I was told not to worry; the engine still was in its break in period.

Ok on 2/20/13, just over a month from getting Vehicle back, the check engine light comes on again. This time BMW of Main found, leaking intake and turbo seals. The intake seal they just replaced less than a month ago they had to replace the spark plugs they installed less than month ago. They also had to replace the mass air flow sensor, the o2 sensors. Again these items were covered under warranty.
Also Matt the same Tech that check my vehicle now founds and error message I complained about just about a month ago The Message [high battery discharge]
Now he said the battery was dead. That most likely is what burned out my footwall module.
On 7/22/13 the check engine light came on again, this times they replaced the same o2 senor they replaced back in February.
It was covered under warranty. On 11/01/13 the low oil light came on again, the vehicle was due for and oil change. So I had Main BMW do an oil change service.
As you can read, 2013 was rough year for me and my X6 it spent way too much time in the dealership, and low oil light still come on every 2000 miles.
Every time I call the service advisor tells me to bring vehicle in, the top the oil off and keep it moving.
I told the service my concern about the vehicle losing oil, I was told not to worry, the engine is still breaking in. was told to keep bring it back; a Main would top it off.
At this time I'm starting to worry.
Main filled my vehicle up with oil at 39,299, when I took it back for brakes 05/29/14 at 39,428 vehicle needed a quart of oil, that's less than 200 miles, and losing a quart of oil .
on 10/22/14 while in Main BMW getting my oil service, they ran a data service test, again for the third time had to replace my spark plugs, my vehicle has less than 50, 000 miles and had to have the spark plugs changed by the BMW dealer 3 times.
On 12/30/14 just 5 days after Christmas, I had to add two quarts of oil, that's after the dealer added 1 quart on black Friday. I found myself back at Main BMW, engine running rough, no power, car barely running.
They checked my vehicle out, it had bad valve seal, cracked timing chain guides, needed cylinder heads. The service advisor told me that the factory was going to cover the work thru good will warranty
Like BMW was doing me a favor, I was complaining about oil loss starting at 29,000 miles, for one year they told me not to worry, and they are doing me a favor.
After talking to the service advisor I was so confused, daze, and upset, that only thing I heard, that they was covering the cost.
While main was repairing my vehicle. I went on line and did my on research.
With all they had to replace, they should have given me a brand new BMW engine.
That's when I realized I was sold a lemon; my fantasy car had less than 50,000 miles yet need and engine.
After a few months of the dealer doing all this engine work, i get another message [car hot drive moderately].
Again I take vehicle back to Main BMW now they tell me I need to replace the
Water pump for the turbo intercooler,
But now there is an 85% dealer pay and 15 % I have to pay, again they are doing this in good will, that's not good will,

Since I've had engine issues from day one, and all the part they replace, and the time mechanics spent on my vehicle good will would have been giving me another car.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
godmans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i / 335i / X6M

i am sorry that you have to go through this with your X...
It does seem like that every possible issue with the 50i/N63, you have had it within your short ownership. It does sound like that you got sold a lemon as it is pretty tough for all the issues to pop up at once, they were likely neglected before the car was sold to you.

Good luck my friend...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

For all those reasons alone I thank my lucky stars I didn't buy the v8 ! BMW has made excellent inline 6's but god help them to make a reliable V8! Leave that to the Americans lol!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 03:19 AM   #4
peter2772000
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 35i Sport

At this point, the nicest thing that could happen would be if it were stolen or caught fire. Your problems are ridiculous.

Hang in there bud!
2019 4Runner
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Typical N63, sorry :-/ It's sounds like you've literally gotten every known N63 issue. Hopefully it's the BMW warranty paying for this to teach BMW a lesson about rushing out an engine and being cheap on the front end of the design because now they're paying on the back end. Keep going back about EVERYTHING to teach them a lesson.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 05:16 AM   #6
beachcomberx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X-5

The n63 is a disaster of an engine. Just thank your lucky stars that it was under warranty. My suggestion is to move on either thru private sale or trade. The problems will persist if you keep it. The damn engine just runs to hot and causes major problems. I moved from an 8 to a 6 and could not be happier.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #7
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
sorry to hear about all the trouble
I would really consider changing the car at this point...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #8
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I'm am sincerely hoping you are considering getting rid of this X6 before you run out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #9
deadlyrhythm
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW X5d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Get rid of it end roe warranty is gone

That engine is a nightmare. Exactly as you've stated

My friends had the same problems
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 06:54 AM   #10
eleniki
Alderran`s lost princess
Rep
Drives: A bit old BMW

That's soo unfortunate! It's a shame - i know people who happily drive their X6 without any issues.
The boys are right - get rid of it. What a shame though!