XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
radx5m
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Garage List
Bimmer-Tech Park Assist initial experience

Finally had OEM integration Park assist installed on my X5M. My car came with PDC but no camera. Product came by DHL delivery as promised with shipment tracking. The instructions are very good and had excellent experience with tech support from Patryk. Your car will need to be coded first which only took about 20-30 minutes thru Bimmer-Tech. You will need to do some coordinating with timing of coder if you are in US as I believe he/she is in Poland. You need a PC with Windows. Coding went smoothly.

I took my car to local Audio shop after coding as I didn't have tools/time readily available. It cost me an extra $150 for installation. I would suggest having the directions/Pics from Bimmer-Tech printed out for installer. My local shop initially said they could do it, as simple plug and play. They did have a little difficulty during install, but Patryk walked them thru by phone. As a separate minor issue, installer forgot to connect line integration so had to go back 2nd time without extra charge for simple RCA connection to the harness. Again directions would have prevented this if in their hands but oh well. Provided directions are very detailed and this probably could be a DIY project if enough time, patience and prying tools. I choose the OEM integration option and it truly looks/operates OEM. Backup camera is incorporated into the trunk handle.

Overall, excellent experience with Bimmer-Tech and I would choose them again. Hope this helps. I can post a pic if needed but it looks exactly like Bimmer-Tech short video example. Here's link to E70 options from Bimmer-Tech

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...sist-retrofits
      01-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by radx5m View Post
Finally had OEM integration Park assist installed on my X5M. My car came with PDC but no camera. Product came by DHL delivery as promised with shipment tracking. The instructions are very good and had excellent experience with tech support from Patryk. Your car will need to be coded first which only took about 20-30 minutes thru Bimmer-Tech. You will need to do some coordinating with timing of coder if you are in US as I believe he/she is in Poland. You need a PC with Windows. Coding went smoothly.

I took my car to local Audio shop after coding as I didn't have tools/time readily available. It cost me an extra $150 for installation. I would suggest having the directions/Pics from Bimmer-Tech printed out for installer. My local shop initially said they could do it, as simple plug and play. They did have a little difficulty during install, but Patryk walked them thru by phone. As a separate minor issue, installer forgot to connect line integration so had to go back 2nd time without extra charge for simple RCA connection to the harness. Again directions would have prevented this if in their hands but oh well. Provided directions are very detailed and this probably could be a DIY project if enough time, patience and prying tools. I choose the OEM integration option and it truly looks/operates OEM. Backup camera is incorporated into the trunk handle.

Overall, excellent experience with Bimmer-Tech and I would choose them again. Hope this helps. I can post a pic if needed but it looks exactly like Bimmer-Tech short video example. Here's link to E70 options from Bimmer-Tech

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...sist-retrofits
Thank you so much for your feedback!

If anyone else is looking for the world's best rear view camera for a BMW this is a dedicated website:
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-rear-view-cameras/
Appreciate 0