XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Black & White wheel caps and roundels

Hello there
Looking to to buy a set of 4 center wheel caps and 1 hud and 1 trunk roundels for my X6 ?

I'm going to make my car an all-black look, so I want to change those emblems to black and white.

Any sugestions ?

Thanks in advance !
Bernie
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Not my taste.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
Hello there
Looking to to buy a set of 4 center wheel caps and 1 hud and 1 trunk roundels for my X6 ?

I'm going to make my car an all-black look, so I want to change those emblems to black and white.

Any sugestions ?

Thanks in advance !
Bernie
If you are going to change the roundel colors, check out Bimmian.com. They offer roundel overlays of all sizes that will fit over the Blue and White colors of your current roundels. The overlays last pretty long, and ad a nice personalization for your car.

Just don't have the rear roundel removed if you decide that you don't want the overlays and decide to purchase actual aftermarket roundels. The shape of the rear roundel is hard to replicate, and it was a pricey mistake I made to have the rear roundel replaced by the dealer.

If you want to get a good look at how the ovelays look after it is mounted, check out my pics by clicking on my avatar icon, or check out the Happy Birthday thread on the picture section of the forum. I have pics there as well. take care and enjoy the holiday season!
      12-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
I found a couple of square yards ( leftovers) of 3M adhesive carbon fiber from my former X6, so I will put some over the blue triangles of the wheels center caps to make them look more like black and white, is a simple job and got the idea from the bimmian website
Enjoy your holidays too!
Here in Costa Rica, we are starting the summer or dry season, so I'm going to spend the holidays at the beach at 90 degrees or mayabe more.......and "just a couple" of good cold beer's..........
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
I found a couple of square yards ( leftovers) of 3M adhesive carbon fiber from my former X6, so I will put some over the blue triangles of the wheels center caps to make them look more like black and white, is a simple job and got the idea from the bimmian website
Enjoy your holidays too!
Here in Costa Rica, we are starting the summer or dry season, so I'm going to spend the holidays at the beach at 90 degrees or mayabe more.......and "just a couple" of good cold beer's..........
Nice!! What a way to spend the holidays... on the beach... lol im jealous... have a cold one for me too!
      12-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

i got mine off ebay… had em professionally installed though on the hood and trunk.
2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
i got mine off ebay… had em professionally installed though on the hood and trunk.
Please take pics of the rear roundel then post them for us. I tried to order the rear roundel... (a few years ago as i have had my car for three years) I guess they didn't have the option you went with available at the time...?

It was a mistake for me to try to replace the rear roundel at that time but I would like if you post pics of the rear one so that we can see if they have made more options available for the X6 rear roundel... Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks.
      12-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Please take pics of the rear roundel then post them for us. I tried to order the rear roundel... (a few years ago as i have had my car for three years) I guess they didn't have the option you went with available at the time...?

It was a mistake for me to try to replace the rear roundel at that time but I would like if you post pics of the rear one so that we can see if they have made more options available for the X6 rear roundel... Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks.
Here are the pics of the Roundels… I went with the carbon fiber finish but they have them in just black too. I also just installed my HID halos from www.alpinemss.com and they look so sick!
Attached Images

2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
Nice roundels ( and car too....) can you tell me where to buy those CF roundels and how much you paid ?
Putting adhesive carbon fiber film was a difficult jon, not 100% happy with the result, so looking at yours, that's another story......
Check mine done today with some CF film leftovers I found in my garage
Bernie

Last edited by motex; 12-23-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

honestly that was about a year ago and I found them on ebay I paid around $140 for them because these are high quality and they actually replace them and don't just stick over the existing ones, and they came with the wheel caps too.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
honestly that was about a year ago and I found them on ebay I paid around $140 for them because these are high quality and they actually replace them and don't just stick over the existing ones, and they came with the wheel caps too.
That's Ok, I will browse over Ebay Motors later, there is a lot of bad quality roundels out there, yours look like OEM quality

Nice job, thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Here are the pics of the Roundels… I went with the carbon fiber finish but they have them in just black too. I also just installed my HID halos from www.alpinemss.com and they look so sick!
Nice!! the roundels you found on ebay are a great score. the halos are a nice touch as well. your x6 is looking awesome. enjoy
      12-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Nice!! the roundels you found on ebay are a great score. the halos are a nice touch as well. your x6 is looking awesome. enjoy
THANKS! yeah I did another search for them earlier and i couldnt find the good quality ones anymore….
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #14
WPGX3
Rep
Drives: 2009 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Nezo86

How did you go about swapping out your rear roundel? I ask because yours is raised just as mine would be, and it looks almost identical, so I'm curious how you went about removing the oem one for replacement, as you mentioned you did not just stick an overlay on.

How did you pop it off ? Did you remove just the oem roundel or the entire piece (roundel/chrome holder) from the trunk
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #15
snipez999
Private
Rep
Drives: X6M50d

I did my rear roundel with a stick over version. It uses 3M adhesive so does not come off even when pressure washed by my detailer every 2 weeks. If you get a good one you can expect it to last as long as an OEM one. Plus if you sell the car on you can simply heat it up and remove it back to stock. The OEM rear roundel allegedly uses double sided tape so you need to heat it up to remove. I didn't bother in the end and just went for the stick over which looks just fine thank you :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
WPGX3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipez999 View Post
I did my rear roundel with a stick over version. It uses 3M adhesive so does not come off even when pressure washed by my detailer every 2 weeks. If you get a good one you can expect it to last as long as an OEM one. Plus if you sell the car on you can simply heat it up and remove it back to stock. The OEM rear roundel allegedly uses double sided tape so you need to heat it up to remove. I didn't bother in the end and just went for the stick over which looks just fine thank you :-)
I have no issue going that route, but I would also like to know how he did it with actually removing the oem roundel. I do believe its held in with 2 pegs not only adhesive tape, so I'd like to know the process he used or anybody whose done the actual oem rear oem roundel removal for that matter
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #17
Jess///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

The guys that did my clear bra suggested getting the black - white look for my rounders, too. I wasn't keen when they first mentioned it, but I really love the look!! Don't forget the roundel in the steering wheel. They used black appliqués over the blue. They look perfect.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #18
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGX3 View Post
Nezo86

How did you go about swapping out your rear roundel? I ask because yours is raised just as mine would be, and it looks almost identical, so I'm curious how you went about removing the oem one for replacement, as you mentioned you did not just stick an overlay on.

How did you pop it off ? Did you remove just the oem roundel or the entire piece (roundel/chrome holder) from the trunk
I had a body shop do it here in Dallas and they removed the entire thing as it is one piece (roundel + chrome holder). How they did it, I do not know but I would around and ask. The sticker overlay route did not sound appealing to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
WPGX3
Rep

Quote:
I had a body shop do it here in Dallas and they removed the entire thing as it is one piece (roundel + chrome holder). How they did it, I do not know but I would around and ask. The sticker overlay route did not sound appealing to me.
Thanks. I figured it was one piece, then once removed need to pop off the roundel and replace it. I'm comfortable doing this in spring (when weather is warmer up here in the North)
Appreciate 0