XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
melt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 X6 35i Jet Black

Help- USB Snap-In Adaptor with iPhone 3GS

We got smartphone integration when we ordered the new X6. We just received the USB snap-in cradle for the iPhone 3GS. Snapped the cradle into the console and then snapped the phone into the cradle. Phone shows as charging.

We cannot see anything connected when going through the CD/Multimedia or any other settings. How do we access/play songs from this phone? Looked through the manual and supplement to no avail. Part we got is the more expensive USB Snap-In Adaptor 84 21 2 158 683.

Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by melt View Post
We got smartphone integration when we ordered the new X6. We just received the USB snap-in cradle for the iPhone 3GS. Snapped the cradle into the console and then snapped the phone into the cradle. Phone shows as charging.

We cannot see anything connected when going through the CD/Multimedia or any other settings. How do we access/play songs from this phone? Looked through the manual and supplement to no avail. Part we got is the more expensive USB Snap-In Adaptor 84 21 2 158 683.

Any help is appreciated.
I will assume the snap-in cradle uses the usb connection/mini (cable coming from cradle has two plugs , one usb and mini plug) that plugs into connection in the front of center console . If this is the case in order to see playlists etc , you have to select AUX.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
melt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 X6 35i Jet Black

Figured it out. I had the actual snap in cradle (no cables). If the USB cable is plugged in, it overrides the smartphone cradle. Unplug the Y-cord and the cradle works without issue.
Appreciate 0