XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Schmutziger Steering Wheel Roundel/Emblem

Anybody else have this happen? Looking at the emblem in the middle of the steering wheel, looks like the metal or the glass covering the metal is all scratched or cracked? But in this case, you only see it from the left side and from straight on, not from the right side! The photo tends to eggagerate it just slightly, but it really is kind of unforgivable in an $80k+ car that is only 2 years old, and gets very little sun exposure. Of course, the hood roundel looks pristine! My advisor is a great guy, but says replacement involves the entire airbag assembly! The pics are left, center, then right. Far less dramatic looking on the right shot, but still not up to bmw standards...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by autodahn View Post
Anybody else have this happen? Looking at the emblem in the middle of the steering wheel, looks like the metal or the glass covering the metal is all scratched or cracked? But in this case, you only see it from the left side and from straight on, not from the right side! The photo tends to eggagerate it just slightly, but it really is kind of unforgivable in an $80k+ car that is only 2 years old, and gets very little sun exposure. Of course, the hood roundel looks pristine! My advisor is a great guy, but says replacement involves the entire airbag assembly! The pics are left, center, then right. Far less dramatic looking on the right shot, but still not up to bmw standards...
You could go with our CF blue/silver, black/silver CF, or just black/white emblem for the steering wheel to cover it up. This attaches over the existing one and fits flush, you don't notice that it sits on top of existing one at all...

Shoot me a PM if you had any questions

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
autodahn
Kassel Kid
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Anyone from BMW NA care to weigh in on this? I mean come on! I'm sure Geely emblems are more durable!
Appreciate 0