XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Problem with my x6 while iPhone 5 connected via USB cable.

Hi guys. I noticed that my iPhone 5 has been having problems lately. When I charge my phone via wall unit it charges fine but every time I want to search the web while is charging it goes crazy. It's opening different pages on its own. Today I had it connected in my car via USB and was listening to Pandora radio. After about 10 min warning came out on the screen "Charging Error" I looked at the phone few times and the phone was charging. My driver side window was open half way all the time. When I parked my car at the gym I couldn't close the window. The window lock wasn't lock. I tried to open all of my passenger windows and it didn't want to open. I got nervous for a sec because it was raining outside and it was night.i disconnected my phone and my window closed and all my windows were working fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
salehm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Waiting for X6

VEry strange. Did you check with the dealer? Can you re-produce the problem?

I started thinking of BMW cars as a pure software. Bugs, software patches, restarts, etc.

Let's hope they are not using Microsoft Windows!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glina View Post
Hi guys. I noticed that my iPhone 5 has been having problems lately. When I charge my phone via wall unit it charges fine but every time I want to search the web while is charging it goes crazy. It's opening different pages on its own. Today I had it connected in my car via USB and was listening to Pandora radio. After about 10 min warning came out on the screen "Charging Error" I looked at the phone few times and the phone was charging. My driver side window was open half way all the time. When I parked my car at the gym I couldn't close the window. The window lock wasn't lock. I tried to open all of my passenger windows and it didn't want to open. I got nervous for a sec because it was raining outside and it was night.i disconnected my phone and my window closed and all my windows were working fine.
Are you using the factory Apple white cable? If you do, be aware, there is a recall of those OEM cables.
For example, if you connect a bad lightning cable into your computer, it will give an error message like this:
"To prevent damaging your computer, the USB device drawing too much power has been disabled. Other devices may have also been disabled. When you disconnect the device drawing too much power, your other USB devices will be enabled again."
If you have a second cable, try it and then you will see if I'm right, good luck!
Appreciate 0