XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

04-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #67
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
wait this car has an auto tranny or m-dtc? if it has the auto then this is the biggest FAIL ever of any car maker
it has the same auto from the regular X5/X6

Correct me if i'm wrong

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #68
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

[QUOTE=PM3;4850211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBMW6 View Post
I just wonder why some people constantly complaining about many BMWs new designs... It's a matter of taste and subjective topic. I'm sure we all have different opinions just like we do about other cars. I personally find their recent designs more attractive.

I coudnt agree more, but as of many bmw´s these days, they just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. And it´s the small things that really caught my eye. For instace, check closely the engine cover... they say its a different engine from the one found in the new seven but all they did was slap a cheap black plastic with the m logo on it on top of the 4.4 engine!!! for such an expensive car from a premium brand how can they do that??? check the engine cover on the RS6 Avant and ull see what I mean. Also, again a repeat for the m division, the cheap, worthless after a couple of tracks, brakes. They are not even drilled...again check the ceramic ones on the RS6. And for me the heresy...a none naturally aspirated engine. I dont care if it is more fuel eficient or that it has more low end grunt...the beauty of the M cars are those high revvings engines that make u work those delightfull chunky manual gear boxes...about the same way mercedes as started to do after seeing the sucess past M´s have had...shh
And the worst thing is that the iconic M5 will share this philosophy and engine.
Dont get me wrong, i love the x6 (actually considering one for the future) but BMW keeps forgetting its brilliant past, not just in term of enginering but design aswell ( have u noticed how the classic hofmeister kink disappeared on the x6, 5 series GT...) for this new language... I am still a fan and always will be but some of these new cars will just make old glorys stand out even more. I will one day own a M3 but i tell you if the next generation goes for turbo, my money will go into an old glory, and one of the best and most beautifull BMW´s of all time the E46 M3 CSL.
goddamn you should become a writter, E46 M3 AND CLASSIC BMW DESIGN FTW!!!! NEW BMW PHILOSOPHY IS WHACK AS HELL!!!
      04-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #69
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Um...why are the seats as flat as a Buick's? I'm actually kind of liking the X6 M after looking at it for a while, and I'm sure the actual car would look better than in pictures. However, what's with the seats? The seats are not M at all...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #70
Hula-Hula
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ♥

I fucking love it! The X6M is brutal!

275/40 & 315/35

Last edited by Hula-Hula; 04-04-2009 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #71
juan.manjarres
Rep
Drives: BMW

Here are a few more pictures I found, plus the Power Graph for the new engine.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #72
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
there's so much redundant complaining here that i'd like to give some of you guys this:
Not redundant complaining but actual opinions of the vehicle.

That's what the forum is for...

Now I do agree that when these were designed (2002-04) Russia and other parts of the world were just beginning their love of SUV's and especially the the X5 etc. Much like Asia started falling for Bimmers back in 1998 and then all of a sudden the E60 and E90 ended up with Asian design influences for the sake of new profits in a new market. Coincidence? No.
And now both of these vehicles are right up the alley of what Russian mob bosses and the young Moscow elite both would like and crave.
Coincidence? No. Smart for BMW? Yes.

But is either car attractive the way Bimmers have been always been traditionally up to and including the new Z4?

No.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #73
STi2Three35i
Second Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe-J.Black/C.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoB View Post
not a fan... but if BMW is willing to waste this much effort on this M variant... it gives me hope for a Z4 M.

BMW already denied efforts in production of the Z4 M. Not gonna happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #74
kooper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 (I wish)

To everyone taking criticism of this thing so personally, just remember it's BMW fans doing the criticizing here, not Merc or Porsche or whatever else fans, at least as far as it concerns me.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger BMW fan than me, but even I can see just what a giant fail-bomb this is.

Read this slowly: BMW is making SUVs.

That's not a problem, am I right?

Now read this (very) slowly: BMW is making "M" versions of their SUVs. Let me repeat: BMW is making god-forsaken "M" versions of their SUVs...

If that doesn't hit you in the nutsack like an atom bomb on Nagasaki, you must be some sort of a new generation of BMW fan, because it's a slap in the face of this very old, very dedicated BMW fan.

And don't come tell me there was no market for a CSL version of the new M3. The previous one sold out extremely quickly, and the M division is enjoying record sales. No market my back bottom. The problem isn't finance, it's greed. BMW doesn't just want to make money, it wants as much of it as they can get their hands on, which is why my eyes are hurting looking at M versions of the X5 and X6.

What the hell was wrong with the previous --> S <-- badge for hot versions of their SUVs???

Time for me to face facts. BMW is being run by bean-counters, not engineers. It's a sad day if you ask me.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #75
gtaday51
gone but not forgotten
United_States
Rep
Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Yeech!!!!!!!!!!

Further proof BMW is getting farther and farther away from what Munich had always envisioned BMW to be.........
Is that an airplane engine company, or a motorcycle company?

But seriously, how is it that we have the X6M, but not an M 1series until 2012 or 2013?

The X5 M would actually appeal to a guy like my dad tho. He has always ordered his Mercury Mountaineers with the V8 and the Handling Option package.

So an M SUV would be just his thing. But an X6 M? Ugly, impractical, but boy will it be fast.

But will I ever consider buying it...hell to the no.
      04-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #76
BarbeRouge
Life is short
United_States
Rep
Drives: Macan

I'm just gonna put it this way, I would never buy either of these no matter how much I had. I become more dissapointed with BMW every year. Those notstrils are out of control, and just don't look right. Where's the beauty gone? The new z4 is currently BMW's only good looking vehicle. Being a huge BMW fan, and an e46 M3 owner, I really want to like everything they do, but it's times like these where that becomes very hard.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #77
BMW M Power Mexico
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E60M5,E821M,F15X5V8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa34 View Post
I'm just gonna put it this way, I would never buy either of these no matter how much I had. I become more dissapointed with BMW every year. Those notstrils are out of control, and just don't look right. Where's the beauty gone? The new z4 is currently BMW's only good looking vehicle. Being a huge BMW fan, and an e46 M3 owner, I really want to like everything they do, but it's times like these where that becomes very hard.
From Car and Driver today:

"Some will consider the announcement of the M versions of the BMW X5 and X6 arriving this fall to be heresy, a crime against the enthusiast faithful not seen since the debut of the Porsche Cayenne. Well suck it up fanboy, because the X6 M will lap the Nürburgring faster than the E46 M3."
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #78
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M Power Mexico View Post
From Car and Driver today:

"Some will consider the announcement of the M versions of the BMW X5 and X6 arriving this fall to be heresy, a crime against the enthusiast faithful not seen since the debut of the Porsche Cayenne. Well suck it up fanboy, because the X6 M will lap the Nürburgring faster than the E46 M3."
True, but no one will care.............except maybe the Russians...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #79
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

[QUOTE=PM3;4850810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post

What do u mean by whack? is that a good thing or bad? Sorry but beeing more used to british english im not very up to date on american slang

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate most of todays bmw´s. Shit i drive a 7 series from new and i love it!! Actually one of my favourites u drive it, the z4 coup. its just some of the future choices, like going back to the same looking interiors on every model, same sausage different lenghts design and most discussed problems pointed out by press and owners just dont seem to be adressed, like brakes, steering feel...the missed oportunity with the current 1 series coupe...even the press are more convinced with the new scirroco´s dynamic abilities - a front wheel drive - than with the 1. the 1 coup could have been a future bmw classic like the 2002 or the first gen m3 and they missed it to put an electric stering to save 0.001 mpg !!!
BMW is a great car manufacture and it will keep producing great cars, but to me, what really gets me, is that they always seem to have some compromises with they more current cars. they just dont seem to do any more 10 out 10 cars, like the E46 M3, or the E39 M5, or first generation M3, cars that just coudnt be faultered. And not just M cars but the normal versions of them too. These cars received high praise from both journalists and public and these new cars just divide them both in design and the way they are built. I´ve said it before and ill say it again. A car this expensive can not have an engine cover as cheap as that and that says a lot, believe it or not. it shows its just a market exercise and not a car that was build from scratch like an E46 M3. The E46 chassis was always built with the M3 in mind. I still remember when the 330 was introduced, journalists said that chassis was so good it could handle much more. In the x6 case its the other way around...the X6 is a niche product and due to demand an M was made. shit that M rear bumper on the blue x5 pic is so...such a last minute slap on.

whack is really bad. i couldn't agree with you more... the cars are getting really compromised and they are trying to use the same parts for the entire range of cars instead of building them from scratch.... BMW is going dowmhill for us enthusiasts, too bad some idiots fail to realize this and call themselves enthusiasts, they are the ones that will continue to buy BMW products.
      04-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #80
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
True, but no one will care.............except maybe the Russians...
100000+
also im glad that most people agree that the only new nice product BMW has put out lately is the z4, i cant believe they are not going to put the v8 in it.... also the seats in the x6 m remind me of the seats in a buick le sabre i rented once, except that the seats in the buick had a little bit more bolsters......
      04-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #81
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM3 View Post

I coudnt agree more, but as of many bmw´s these days, they just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. And it´s the small things that really caught my eye. For instace, check closely the engine cover... they say its a different engine from the one found in the new seven but all they did was slap a cheap black plastic with the m logo on it on top of the 4.4 engine!!! for such an expensive car from a premium brand how can they do that??? check the engine cover on the RS6 Avant and ull see what I mean. Also, again a repeat for the m division, the cheap, worthless after a couple of tracks, brakes. They are not even drilled...again check the ceramic ones on the RS6. And for me the heresy...a none naturally aspirated engine. I dont care if it is more fuel eficient or that it has more low end grunt...the beauty of the M cars are those high revvings engines that make u work those delightfull chunky manual gear boxes...about the same way mercedes as started to do after seeing the sucess past M´s have had...shh
And the worst thing is that the iconic M5 will share this philosophy and engine.
Dont get me wrong, i love the x6 (actually considering one for the future) but BMW keeps forgetting its brilliant past, not just in term of enginering but design aswell ( have u noticed how the classic hofmeister kink disappeared on the x6, 5 series GT...) for this new language... I am still a fan and always will be but some of these new cars will just make old glorys stand out even more. I will one day own a M3 but i tell you if the next generation goes for turbo, my money will go into an old glory, and one of the best and most beautifull BMW´s of all time the E46 M3 CSL.
The base engine is the same, but there is more to it. If you haven't please read the press release- it details the enhancements and differences from the base N64B44 engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #82
bdardashti
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
I'm more interested in the engine in terms of redline and stuff. Did they just upped the boost on the regular 4.4TT or is it a whole new, true M engine?
The former

But they made a lot of enhancements to it. Read the press release for full details.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #83
Xelloss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper View Post
To everyone taking criticism of this thing so personally, just remember it's BMW fans doing the criticizing here, not Merc or Porsche or whatever else fans, at least as far as it concerns me.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger BMW fan than me, but even I can see just what a giant fail-bomb this is.

Read this slowly: BMW is making SUVs.

That's not a problem, am I right?

Now read this (very) slowly: BMW is making "M" versions of their SUVs. Let me repeat: BMW is making god-forsaken "M" versions of their SUVs...

If that doesn't hit you in the nutsack like an atom bomb on Nagasaki, you must be some sort of a new generation of BMW fan, because it's a slap in the face of this very old, very dedicated BMW fan.

And don't come tell me there was no market for a CSL version of the new M3. The previous one sold out extremely quickly, and the M division is enjoying record sales. No market my back bottom. The problem isn't finance, it's greed. BMW doesn't just want to make money, it wants as much of it as they can get their hands on, which is why my eyes are hurting looking at M versions of the X5 and X6.

What the hell was wrong with the previous --> S <-- badge for hot versions of their SUVs???

Time for me to face facts. BMW is being run by bean-counters, not engineers. It's a sad day if you ask me.
Thankfully I didn't have to write this. I also recall reading a few years ago that an M version of an "SAV" as well as a 7 did not fit in M division's design language. I guess anything they say or BMW in general can't be taken with any amount of validity. At least they made a Z4M coupe when they said they wouldn't and hopefully they'll go back on that again. The rhetoric from BMW should have some consistency and as BMW enthusiast/owners, we deserve at least that. Although, their ultimate goal is to make money, they will truly test my loyalty should they ever make a BMW V6 in any car. If that ever happens, anything impossible can happen.

"I feel the need...

...the need for speed!"
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 06:10 AM   #84
135Eye
Accountants have fun 2!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Silber

I think criticism of BMWs "greed" in the face of massive global losses in sales is kind of stupid. BMW is a relatively small car company and they could go out of business much more easily then GM can. If BMW doesnt do anything and everything possible to make a buck then they will be sharing chassis/engines with Mercedes benz or VW in order to stay afloat, then use cheap materials, then file for bankruptcy.

So ask yourself, would you rather have a BMW that uses a shared chassis and engine with a VW or have an M version of an SUV in the lineup because BMW needs to make a few bucks to stay a strong independant car company? Yea I think I can deal with an X6-M. I'll try my best..

Cmon, be reasonable people! It was GMs stupidity and lazyness as a manufacturer ("lets keep making dem dere pickup trucks instead of innovating anything new") that got them to where they are, i'm glad BMW is trying there hardest to sell cars in order to keep the core company afloat. Many of you must not realize how bad things are for the auto companies right now. Unprecedented is the word.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #85
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Eye View Post
I think criticism of BMWs "greed" in the face of massive global losses in sales is kind of stupid. BMW is a relatively small car company and they could go out of business much more easily then GM can. If BMW doesnt do anything and everything possible to make a buck then they will be sharing chassis/engines with Mercedes benz or VW in order to stay afloat, then use cheap materials, then file for bankruptcy.

So ask yourself, would you rather have a BMW that uses a shared chassis and engine with a VW or have an M version of an SUV in the lineup because BMW needs to make a few bucks to stay a strong independant car company? Yea I think I can deal with an X6-M. I'll try my best..

Cmon, be reasonable people! It was GMs stupidity and lazyness as a manufacturer ("lets keep making dem dere pickup trucks instead of innovating anything new") that got them to where they are, i'm glad BMW is trying there hardest to sell cars in order to keep the core company afloat. Many of you must not realize how bad things are for the auto companies right now. Unprecedented is the word.
Hi!

i agree with that!They have to make Money to stay on the Market. You can buy a Porsche Cayenne with a DIESEL Engine (its selling good!)!!!! Would you belive that 3 or 5 Years ago???The European Market needs and wants a Diesel Engine in these Cars. If Porsche do the same Cars they do in 1990 then they were in a Situation like GM now... And they buy Volkswagen!! BMW has to go the same way (they are small). Perhaps the loose a few Fans now , but perhaps you can buy a "real" BMW in 10 years (and not a Toyota-BMW or a HangZhien-BMW). We will see!

Greetings

Marco
P.S: i hope you understand me..... my english is not the best
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #86
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Eye View Post

sorry, but this is probably the stupidest form of thinking ever. so you are telling me that the only way for BMW to stay afloat is to make the same mistakes other companies like GM have made in the past, making all of their cars share engines and chassis and have like 30 models in their lineup? the only way for BMW to stay afloat is to come out with outstanding products that leave the competition WAY BEHIND like the e46 m3 did to the audi s4 or merc c32 amg. or like the e39 or even e60 m5 did to their rivals. BMW is becoming more like mercedes everyday, audi is the only company doing things right now, nice design attention to the most minimal details. you can tell the guys at audi are taking pride in their work. they still have some catchup to do, but hopefully BMW will step in the game once again.
      04-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #87
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

All of this conversation makes me LOL...

Get over it people, BMW doesn't owe anything to anybody, they can do what they want!

While I do love the x5 M, I do agree (somewhat) that maybe an "M-Sport" or ZMP/ZHP package would have been better suited and less "diluting" of the true ///M heritage. I also realize, from a business stand-point, that they wouldn't be able to command as much of a premium for said package.

So, it is what it is, no need to cry about it.

PS: Does anyone else think that x6 M is Imola Red? There were some "spy" x5 M shots here awhile back that I believe were Imola Red. So, Imola Red lives? Yeah, I'm kinda partial to that color for some reason...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #88
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

oh and all i know is that i cant wait to buy one of these things in like 2 years with 18,000 miles for $35k... if you thought the seven series had a bad residual value, wait for this to age. for 35k i think i actually like this car.