XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #23
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sruss2354 View Post
I've been on the fence with this for a while on this too...

Can't decide between Velos or the BMS JB4 Tuner. It's about half the price ($450) and outputs about the same HP/Torque. Anyone have input on this compared to the Velos? Can you do both??? ;D

X5 xDrive 50i M-Sport - '12
For the JB4 you need the BCM ...

Running on Map 3 with the right gas is fucking mental

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #24
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmgunner View Post
I used windows 10 with no issues.
It must have been something silly like which usb port I was using, as it worked fine today. Reading ecu now!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 11:14 PM   #25
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Just wanted to finally chime back in here with an update, after having the rig tuned for a bit now.

WOW.

I do most of my driving in standard mode, and the throttle response and shift points are much more to my liking, and when I want to get on it for passing and such, the delay where I waited for the shift and power to come on, is gone. Also there is a more pronounced pop on shifting even in this mode.

When switched to M mode, this thing is truly a beast now, I have not had many chances to test it out, but they have impressed me more each time, the power and aggression is right where I want it, and I have a silly grin and laugh each time. I cannot wait for the track here to open, so that I can go and really test it out in manual mode.

Just to add info for comparison, I have worked as a mechanic on and off for years, dealing mainly with high end euro imports, and modified jap imports. I have a Subaru WRX that makes roughly double it's original WHP, and a Honda Prelude that I have drag raced for years, both in N/A form and as a nitrous fed, stroked and high compression monster. I have dealt with the tuning on both of those cars myself, via aftermarket ecus and real time tuning solutions, widebands, dyno use, etc. After all of that, I have chosen to leave the hardware stock on the M, and this tune was a perfect compliment for it, with honestly no compromise, aside from my wanting to go out and burn more gas!

Stephen and Omar were great to deal with via PM and email through the whole process, including routinely checking with me to see how things were going in the weeks after I did the tune.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #26
carlos@velosdesignwerks
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colodano View Post
I am there now, and Stephen has been super helpful. I am on Windows 10, so I think I may end up with more issues here, anyone been through this on W10?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colodano View Post
Just wanted to finally chime back in here with an update, after having the rig tuned for a bit now.

WOW.

I do most of my driving in standard mode, and the throttle response and shift points are much more to my liking, and when I want to get on it for passing and such, the delay where I waited for the shift and power to come on, is gone. Also there is a more pronounced pop on shifting even in this mode.

When switched to M mode, this thing is truly a beast now, I have not had many chances to test it out, but they have impressed me more each time, the power and aggression is right where I want it, and I have a silly grin and laugh each time. I cannot wait for the track here to open, so that I can go and really test it out in manual mode.

Just to add info for comparison, I have worked as a mechanic on and off for years, dealing mainly with high end euro imports, and modified jap imports. I have a Subaru WRX that makes roughly double it's original WHP, and a Honda Prelude that I have drag raced for years, both in N/A form and as a nitrous fed, stroked and high compression monster. I have dealt with the tuning on both of those cars myself, via aftermarket ecus and real time tuning solutions, widebands, dyno use, etc. After all of that, I have chosen to leave the hardware stock on the M, and this tune was a perfect compliment for it, with honestly no compromise, aside from my wanting to go out and burn more gas!

Stephen and Omar were great to deal with via PM and email through the whole process, including routinely checking with me to see how things were going in the weeks after I did the tune.
Glad you were finally able to get the car out and have some fun with it Dan!
Thank you for sharing your experiences and choosing the Velos brand
Appreciate 0