XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #23
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X6 View Post
Im from Queens.
Ok I know I'm going to regret this ...

I'm a California kid , Queens is in the ghetto ?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #24
King Bimmer
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Ok I know I'm going to regret this ...

I'm a California kid , Queens is in the ghetto ?
depends on what part of queens just like any other borough
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #25
billysims
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Bimmer View Post
Wow, that was an interesting exhcange; haven't heard the term ghetto in awhile....
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #26
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting I always thought boroughs equated to suburbs.
In California the ghettos are traditionally in the inner city and the suburbs are the nice neighborhoods.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #27
King Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Interesting I always thought boroughs equated to suburbs.
In California the ghettos are traditionally in the inner city and the suburbs are the nice neighborhoods.
The 5 boroughs are what is called New York City. The suburbs are Long Island, Westchester, Parts of Northern NJ, and Southern CT.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #28
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

I had the same feeling months after I bought my Yamaha Roadstar Warrior. . Then, I relaxed. .Not that interest in public slowed down, but I didn't care anymore about envious eyes. . .After a while, you start don't caring anymore, ,,about the extra attention to the vehicle. . You woke up one morning, and just don't have the mood to cope with all the attention. .so fuck them!! Jump into the car, turn the key on, and left them in awe. .5 minutes away you'll mind only your own life. .
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #29
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The 5 boroughs are what is called New York City. The suburbs are Long Island, Westchester, Parts of Northern NJ, and Southern CT.
Thanks King,

And who says you can't get educated on car forums !!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #30
King Bimmer
Rep

It's getting worse! So I stop by one of my favorite restaurants this afternoon for take-out. I park the car so that I can see it. After I order, I stood outside to watch it. Within 5 minutes a guy in an old ES 250 decised to park right next to my car. He then gets out and is waiting for his friends in another car. Once the bunch see my car, they look at me to try to figure out if it is mine or not. They assume that it is not, and one of the proceeds to go over to my car to check it out. I didn't say anything until he headed over to the driver's side to look inside. He had to get real close because my windows are tinted. I start to walk over and he backs up. I say hello, notice that my food is ready and then I leave.

FS: 2008 BMW X6 Xdrive35 every option except HUD and Active steering.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X6 Black on Black

I had a crazy experience this weekend. i go to the chinese restaurant and double parked right in front of the store. i go inside and place my order. i come out cause i forgot my phone in the car and there is a crowd of people just staring at the car. one guy comes up to me and asks if he and his wife could look inside. i said sure...they came over and started lookin inside. then the wife asks is this a car or a truck? i said its both. she said well i dont like it, its ugly. The guy then says are u crazy this is a beautiful car. its the nicest car on the road today. She then says again its ugly. The next thing i know he slaps her right in the face. She screams takes her shirt off and they start fighting. I couldnt believe it i jumped in the X6 and peeled off so fast i forgot my chinese food. Unbelieveable!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #32
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
I had a crazy experience this weekend. i go to the chinese restaurant and double parked right in front of the store. i go inside and place my order. i come out cause i forgot my phone in the car and there is a crowd of people just staring at the car. one guy comes up to me and asks if he and his wife could look inside. i said sure...they came over and started lookin inside. then the wife asks is this a car or a truck? i said its both. she said well i dont like it, its ugly. The guy then says are u crazy this is a beautiful car. its the nicest car on the road today. She then says again its ugly. The next thing i know he slaps her right in the face. She screams takes her shirt off and they start fighting. I couldnt believe it i jumped in the X6 and peeled off so fast i forgot my chinese food. Unbelieveable!
ha ha ha..world is full of idiots and crazy people!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #33
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Guns and roses.....chinese incident!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 04:41 PM   #34
King Bimmer
Rep

i will take delivery of a 1999 toyota camry with 148k mi on Friday. Unfortunatley the X6 has forced me to buy a beater. If I would have known, then I would have bought an M3 instead, plus the camry.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #35
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
i will take delivery of a 1999 toyota camry with 148k mi on Friday. Unfortunatley the X6 has forced me to buy a beater. If I would have known, then I would have bought an M3 instead, plus the camry.
I don't get it. camry, M3, X6, make no sense what you just said.
      09-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #36
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i hear u man. im about to buy a 1999 honda civic with 116,000 miles on it. just for the times when i wanna be incognito.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #37
King Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I don't get it. camry, M3, X6, make no sense what you just said.
I bought the x6 for work, so my point is that I can't use it for work. That being the case if I would have known then I would have bought the m3 as a weekend car, and the camry for work. Right now I have the x6 as a weekend car and the camry as a car for work.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 03:17 AM   #38
leonelm3
SHOCKINVIBES MOTORSPORTS !
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001AA SC E46M3+09AudiQ7 Sline

Cool

Quote:
It's getting worse! So I stop by one of my favorite restaurants this afternoon for take-out. I park the car so that I can see it. After I order, I stood outside to watch it. Within 5 minutes a guy in an old ES 250 decised to park right next to my car. He then gets out and is waiting for his friends in another car. Once the bunch see my car, they look at me to try to figure out if it is mine or not. They assume that it is not, and one of the proceeds to go over to my car to check it out. I didn't say anything until he headed over to the driver's side to look inside. He had to get real close because my windows are tinted. I start to walk over and he backs up. I say hello, notice that my food is ready and then I leave.

FS: 2008 BMW X6 Xdrive35 every option except HUD and Active steering.
wOw, That is Brooklyn For you!

Quote:

Mr_X6 , KingBimmer,

I am laughing cause that sounds like Brooklyn is still Crooklyn, but my wife is convincing me to drive the X6 up to canada to visit her family so I will be passing through the NYC to visit my family in ENY BKLYN. if you guys still have your X6's I would love to hang out like how we hang with my M3 buddies?
2008 BMW X6 xDrive 50i
on 22's
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #39
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelm3 View Post

Mr_X6 , KingBimmer,

I am laughing cause that sounds like Brooklyn is still Crooklyn, but my wife is convincing me to drive the X6 up to canada to visit her family so I will be passing through the NYC to visit my family in ENY BKLYN. if you guys still have your X6's I would love to hang out like how we hang with my M3 buddies?
sounds cool...just let me know where & when.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #40
JMDHSMIAMI
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 Space Grey/Oyster Nevada

Hey Leo, If your driving the X6 north, you MUST stop off at the BMW plant in South Carolina for a tour. Its just amazing to watch the X5s and X6s being built.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #41
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Quote:

Although it sounds fictional, I'm guessing they were shooting an episode of "Jerry Springer" Show

Last edited by XBMW6; 09-06-2008 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #42
King Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelm3 View Post

Mr_X6 , KingBimmer,

That happened on Long Island not Brooklyn. My X6 hasn't seen Brooklyn yet. I will drive it through BK next week, and report back. Right now i'm in New Hampshire in my new to me 1999 Camry. This thing is a beast when it comes to gas mileage. I used less than half a tank to get from queens here (270 miles).
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #43
Dark knight
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 740i

u wont have that much of attention when the M comes out :P, so enjoy it while u can :P
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 09:04 AM   #44
lonely_dxb83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

I remember when I rant x6 3.5 for testing...

what happened I was walking in front of car rental shop,,, there were group of cars for renting different brand,, x6, x5, range sport, Ferrari, R8..
what really attracted me I saw the X6 3.5 black with 21" black spring wheel,, it looked wooooow.. directly I went and rent it... when my friend saw the car,, he said its really cool to get black in black which make the car look like beast specially at night,,
I went to the beach and I parked my car on the sand,, I saw 3 cars taking round on x6 try to see it from different sides... I said what is going on is that an attack looool...
the car was really fast,, with turbo sound u feel u r riding sport car not even a truck,,
the handling was perfect and the active steering working well... directly after two days I went to order x6 V8.. I cant imagine if the v6 giving you this push when you press the accelerator,, what the V8 will give u?!!
Appreciate 0