XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

BMW buyback

We are done with this X5 and probably BMW. Obviously, a lemon and just hit 50k miles. Family does not trust it. Taking a look at the depreciation of the 5.0 is disconcerting. Anyone have experience with BMW buying back their lemon cars? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
We are done with this X5 and probably BMW. Obviously, a lemon and just hit 50k miles. Family does not trust it. Taking a look at the depreciation of the 5.0 is disconcerting. Anyone have experience with BMW buying back their lemon cars? Thanks!
No experiences with it...did BMW offer to buy yours back? I tried to find another thread of yours in the event your issues were documented here, but didn't find anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Quote:
No experiences with it...did BMW offer to buy yours back? I tried to find another thread of yours in the event your issues were documented here, but didn't find anything.
Started process and waiting on claims person to call me. I did not document my issues here. Sad thing is the thing is a beast when not in shop.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D

which year is it. i think you guys have lemon law in states. btw what is wrong with the car? lets see if there is a plan b if bmw wont buy it back.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
TRIUMPHT
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i

Quote:
Ditto i am in the same boat. I have had my 2013 35i CPO for now a year and a month. I made it the first 5 months with no problems then bam every two months another issue.

I have spoken to BMW and as the car is over a certain amount of miles it can not be labeled a lemon. Also they do not really start a process for a buy back unless you've had the same consistent issue with the same part and the dealer cant figure it out of even after numerous repairs they still cant figure out issue. They will keep record though of your compliants.

Per them and the dealer these cars are complex and have many different components so any of those parts can go at any time. I purchased mines with 44,000 miles and am now at 56,0000 my car has had $7800 worth of in warranty repairs and i have spend $2000 between out of CPO warranty repairs and scheduled maintenance .

I am done with my X5 and done with BMW but unfortunately i have so much negative equity that i really cant make a move without dropping a bunch of money or getting a vehicle with cash incentives so its not just the 50i. I have been offered $19,000 from Infiniti $18500 from Dodge and $17000 from Lexus.

Worst car purchase i have ever made in my life.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 08:37 AM   #6
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardR0404 View Post
which year is it. i think you guys have lemon law in states. btw what is wrong with the car? lets see if there is a plan b if bmw wont buy it back.
2012 bought CPO 2 years ago with 29k miles.

Long list but major issue is 5x for engine malfunction light. Changed just about everything. Both turbos replaced as well. Now, little things happening every other week.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #7
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIUMPHT View Post
Ditto i am in the same boat. I have had my 2013 35i CPO for now a year and a month. I made it the first 5 months with no problems then bam every two months another issue.

I have spoken to BMW and as the car is over a certain amount of miles it can not be labeled a lemon. Also they do not really start a process for a buy back unless you've had the same consistent issue with the same part and the dealer cant figure it out of even after numerous repairs they still cant figure out issue. They will keep record though of your compliants.

Per them and the dealer these cars are complex and have many different components so any of those parts can go at any time. I purchased mines with 44,000 miles and am now at 56,0000 my car has had $7800 worth of in warranty repairs and i have spend $2000 between out of CPO warranty repairs and scheduled maintenance .

I am done with my X5 and done with BMW but unfortunately i have so much negative equity that i really cant make a move without dropping a bunch of money or getting a vehicle with cash incentives so its not just the 50i. I have been offered $19,000 from Infiniti $18500 from Dodge and $17000 from Lexus.

Worst car purchase i have ever made in my life.

Good Luck
Try Porsche cayenne base 3.6. We have pretty good luck with that vehicle. Lexus isn't worth it's price.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #8
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Long list but major issue is 5x for engine malfunction light. Changed just about everything. Both turbos replaced as well. Now, little things happening every other week.
Is it a 4.4 turbo? I've been heard a lot of horrible thing of it. Try to petbwarenty cover more stuff to see. My focus RS fixed itself after costing Ford 20k on parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 10:37 AM   #9
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Is it a 4.4 turbo? I've been heard a lot of horrible thing of it. Try to petbwarenty cover more stuff to see. My focus RS fixed itself after costing Ford 20k on parts.
N63 engine. Dealer has done at least $30k in service since I have owned it. Going back on Saturday for TPMS malfunction. This thing is becoming a bad joke.

I am hoping that BMW does the right thing. This one is obviously a lemon.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

sorry to hear, i had a 35i i returned due to the lemon law since it took more than 3 tries to fix the servomotor and it still wasnt working. Difference is it was from a third party and i only owned the car for 1 month and had it in my possession for about 9 days out of that month.

I know the newer x5's had most of the problems fixed, but i jumped on an x5m which is more expensive but i had little problems with it so far.

Also i had to involve a lawyer for the 35i since the dealership did not want me to return the car until my lawyer sent them a letter about the car falling under the lemon law due to the situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #11
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
sorry to hear, i had a 35i i returned due to the lemon law since it took more than 3 tries to fix the servomotor and it still wasnt working. Difference is it was from a third party and i only owned the car for 1 month and had it in my possession for about 9 days out of that month.

I know the newer x5's had most of the problems fixed, but i jumped on an x5m which is more expensive but i had little problems with it so far.

Also i had to involve a lawyer for the 35i since the dealership did not want me to return the car until my lawyer sent them a letter about the car falling under the lemon law due to the situation.
Sound like they can just replace the whole motor with that kinda money lol. That's obviously a lemon. Which is pretty rare for BMW. Person like me who only drive BMW Group products and nothing else never had a issue with getting a lemon. Let's see if you can get it bought back.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #12
TRIUMPHT
Rep

Quote:
Try Porsche cayenne base 3.6. We have pretty good luck with that vehicle. Lexus isn't worth it's price.
I honestly at this point for my driving needs am not considering any euro vehicles. I only went to dodge as i figured they would have huge rebates but of course not on the vehicle i wanted which was the Durango RT. I have already had 4 Acura's , 1 Lexus aside from the 3 my wife has had , no infiniti's which is why i went there. But this is my 4th visit to an Infiniti dealer over the years and their vehicles just do not work for me for some reason....I even visited Toyota.

Maybe down the line when i have my one reliable primary vehicle and a euro as a secondary vehicle will i consider one but not for my primary. The sad thing is i only drive whatever vehicle i have 2 days out the week....So having it back in the shop every 2 months makes it even more frustrating..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #13
TRIUMPHT
Rep

Quote:
Sound like they can just replace the whole motor with that kinda money lol. That's obviously a lemon. Which is pretty rare for BMW. Person like me who only drive BMW Group products and nothing else never had a issue with getting a lemon. Let's see if you can get it bought back.
Not to come off as trolling or sounding bitter from my purchase but for every one person that says that, there's tons more that have nothing but legitimate issues when it comes to their BMW's ...I hear this when it comes to most euro vehicles but i can only speak for BMW as i have actually owned them. I am on my second and while my 5 series did not give me as many issues as the X5 did it still had a couple visits to the dealer.

I have even been told by the service advisers do not try to own out of warranty. I have spoken to techs and they say the same. These are people who's job benefit from you bringing your car back.

But for you and those whom haven't run into issues during their ownership i am sure it is a wonderful experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #14
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I came from Mercedes and never had the consistent issues I have had with this vehicle. Maybe, I just got a bad one. Props to BMW though, it is a blast to drive. Just not fit for a daily driver and far too expansive to be in the shop as much as it has. Let's not even consider the depreciation on this model.
Appreciate 0