XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
rbudiman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Nissan GTR Black Edition,

BMW X5 5.0i / BMW X5M / Rangerover sport supercharged ????

Hi guys,

I need help in deciding which car makes more sense in terms of the usefulness, performance, and the price.

I'm confused which car I should go with. The cars are BMW X5 5.0i or BMW X5M or the newest Rangerover sport supercharged. They all look very nice and it is so hard for me to decide which one is the best. So, I'm hoping that you guys can share your objective opinion about those cars.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Macca916
Private
England
Rep
Drives: X6 XDrive35D

Garage List
Used to run a 4.2 RRS SC and its not a patch on my current X6 35D for performance and handling.
Interior wise I also prefer the X6 though I understand the dash has been updated on the latest RRS and the 5.0 SC is a bit of a beast (in the Jaguars).
My RRS also had lots of electrical gremlins and struggled to better 11mpg (imperial gallon) average. my money (if I had any) would be on the X6M (or if u want the x5) the X5M. The RRS is a very dated design now as it hasnt really changed since its release in 2005 IMO.
Plus I've tended to find I get better dealer service from local BM dealers and I always come away from LR dealers feeling sullied.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
DARE U
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm longer a RR supporters after owning it last time! It gave me so much problems till i have to sell it even it is only less then a year old! It gave me both electrical and mechanical problems all the time till I really give up on it. After changing to X6 and X5, I'm in love with it and didn't have any single issue from day 1!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #4
rbudiman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Nissan GTR Black Edition,

Thanks for the info guys. I watched top gear and it seems that they prefer RR than x5M tho.. It makes me think twice... haha... I know i think it might be because they are quite subjective but somehow it makes sense also... By the way, Is the RR dealer service that bad?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
MJim
Rep
Drives: X5 on order

I'm not sure I would pay much attention to what TG says tbh. Their emphasis is on entertainment rather than accurately assessing cars and needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Note how they went on about how the Skoda Yeti was utterly brilliant and offered all you could ever want in a car. When asked if he would be getting one, Jeremy Clarkson obviously admitted he would not. Also bear in mind that Jeremy Clarkson lives in the countryside, where no one argues RRs are better, and also owns a (very slow) diesel range rover himself.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
Trevor46
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 4.8i M Sport,

Why dont you go and drive each vehicle and evaluate it yourself - that way your mind will be made up very quickly on performance and price - I have never bought a vehicle on what anyone or a motor vehicle salesman has said ,by the way what vehicle do you drive at the moment ?
Appreciate 0