XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Question Safest way to remove the rear roundel?

I just got a set of carbon fiber roundels ( white-black) for my car, and wanted to ask which is the best and safest way to remove the rear BMW roundel logo?
      11-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex
I just got a set of carbon fiber roundels ( white-black) for my car, and wanted to ask which is the best and safest way to remove the rear BMW roundel logo?
The rear roundel doesn't come off like the front one does. Please make sure that the roundel you plan on using to replace the rear one, is shaped EXACTLY like the OEM rear rounel.

What I mean is, the rear roundel of the X6 has a design where there is more "chrome" plastic that fits to the contours of the tailgate. It is not a perfect "disk" shape like the front roundel on the nose.

Basically, if you have two disk shaped replacement roundels, the one on the front will fit just fine, but the rear one will not fit at all. I learned this the hard way a few years ago.
      11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:
The rear roundel doesn't come off like the front one does. Please make sure that the roundel you plan on using to replace the rear one, is shaped EXACTLY like the OEM rear rounel.

What I mean is, the rear roundel of the X6 has a design where there is more "chrome" plastic that fits to the contours of the tailgate. It is not a perfect "disk" shape like the front roundel on the nose.

Basically, if you have two disk shaped replacement roundels, the one on the front will fit just fine, but the rear one will not fit at all. I learned this the hard way a few years ago.
That's a great advice thanks, will post my results as soon as I get the rear roundel
      11-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
motex
Costa Rica
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

Job done! finally I ended installing the rear one over the factory one, the one that came was not a rear one, was a replica of the front one, for my luck it fitted just fine inside the chrome ring, see below, thanks for your advice!

11-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

Job done! finally I ended installing the rear one over the factory one, the one that came was not a rear one, was a replica of the front one, for my luck it fitted just fine inside the chrome ring, see below, thanks for your advice!

Nice!! That came out great. looks good.