XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Seeking advice on a possible E70 CPO purchase

Hi all, I'm considering a used 2012 X5 CPO (N55 engine), but it has ~ 45k miles on it. On the upside, it has the CPO coverage for another 4+ years and ~55k miles, and the high mileage for the age would indicate mostly highway driving, so they're probably gentle miles.

On the downside, with my driving habits I'd be out of OEM warranty within several months. So wear and tear, Nav/radio/electronics and many other components wouldn't be covered anymore.

The car has the right options and the price is good for a CPO, but the mileage does make me think twice. So my question is - how do the E70s hold up in the long term? Is 45k in highway miles anything to be concerned about, provided the car has been checked out?

Also, for those that have bought a CPO car before, do you typically receive the CPO checklist for the car? If anything, this may help me out getting the car inspected in MD.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

I purchased a CPO 2011 X5 50i M Sport about one month ago. They sent me the build sheet from original purchaser, window sticker, maintenance inquiry document showing service history, and also the CPO checklist. From what I could tell most of it was printed out of their system.

This is my first BMW. I learned a lot reading through the threads on here.
Appreciate 0