XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
michal12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Z4 M40i

Pricing of X6M - USA, UK and EU

Here we go:

press release states X6M will be on sale for 108 000 EUR in Germany (while the ML63 is 104 000 EUR) which is also approx. 10% than an M5 Touring.

It is obvious both X5 and X6 M will on all markets be priced similarly to the Benz.

Hence, with very high probability, the X6 M will cost 92-94 000 USD in the US and around 75 000 pounds in the UK.

Not too bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

yea so a kidney + a down payment !!!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

My prediction is the first X6 M's on the showroom floor will list for around $105k U.S.

Stripped versions will be in short supply and will be $85-$90k.
      04-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
My prediction is the first X6 M's on the showroom floor will list for around $105k U.S.

Stripped versions will be in short supply and will be $85-$90k.

+1
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
I wish everyone would stop posting what they THINK U.S. pricing will be and stop wasting threads until the official pricing has been released!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
I wish everyone would stop posting what they THINK U.S. pricing will be and stop wasting threads until the official pricing has been released!
You can always log out dude. Get a grip.
      04-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
JadeVetti
Bavarian Khaleesi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Waiting for the CS Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
yea so a kidney + a down payment !!!
(lol) Literally. I have how long (till production) to fight for one of these?

I see a war coming right into my home.
      04-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
JadeVetti
Bavarian Khaleesi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Waiting for the CS Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Any clue when that will be?
      04-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #9
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I think most of the comments here on pricing are based on what BMW charges for the M version of other models over standard version. Using that don't think the comments here are that far off.

This may turn out to be a huge opportunity for Dinan unless your buying the M version to get the "M badge".
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #10
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I think most of the comments here on pricing are based on what BMW charges for the M version of other models over standard version. Using that don't think the comments here are that far off.

This may turn out to be a huge opportunity for Dinan unless your buying the M version to get the "M badge".
I think that there has always been a 'huge opportunity' for Dinan or any other Tuning company for that matter with any BMW model. Not just starting with the X6. Take the 550 for example and stick a few Dinan parts in it and get the engine tuned up to get more power from it. But then again, it's still a 550 and not an M5. For that to happen you would have to tune the suspension, replace and/or tune the gear box/shifter/clutch..., steering wheel with paddle shifters, seats, rims and tires, replace the exhaust system, beef up the cooling system, stiffen the body with various parts, the list goes on and on. This goes for any other model in the BMW lineup that the M division has created an M version of it.

I think most people overlook what the real difference between an M version and the standard model really is. Most people just look at the engine output and maybe the 0-60mph (or 0-100km/h) numbers and figure that the price they are asking for this car is WAY too much. But do these folks think of what went into the development of a car like this?
Sure you can probably achieve the same or even higher hp and faster acceleration numbers as those posted by the M cars with a modded regular car, but do these modded cars carry a warranty? or will they be as reliable? or perform/handle the same way?
There is a reason why it takes the BMW M engineers 100s if not 1000s of hours to get the car all fine tuned to work the way they do!

You also have to consider that they have to pass stringent safety standards that are different from country to country. Doing all this development work and all these safety tests costs a LOT of money that they need to recoup somehow. Would I like to see these cars offered at a lower price point? Sure! But I can also understand where these high prices come from.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #11
herol
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I think that there has always been a 'huge opportunity' for Dinan or any other Tuning company for that matter with any BMW model. Not just starting with the X6. Take the 550 for example and stick a few Dinan parts in it and get the engine tuned up to get more power from it. But then again, it's still a 550 and not an M5. For that to happen you would have to tune the suspension, replace and/or tune the gear box/shifter/clutch..., steering wheel with paddle shifters, seats, rims and tires, replace the exhaust system, beef up the cooling system, stiffen the body with various parts, the list goes on and on. This goes for any other model in the BMW lineup that the M division has created an M version of it.

I think most people overlook what the real difference between an M version and the standard model really is. Most people just look at the engine output and maybe the 0-60mph (or 0-100km/h) numbers and figure that the price they are asking for this car is WAY too much. But do these folks think of what went into the development of a car like this?
Sure you can probably achieve the same or even higher hp and faster acceleration numbers as those posted by the M cars with a modded regular car, but do these modded cars carry a warranty? or will they be as reliable? or perform/handle the same way?
There is a reason why it takes the BMW M engineers 100s if not 1000s of hours to get the car all fine tuned to work the way they do!

You also have to consider that they have to pass stringent safety standards that are different from country to country. Doing all this development work and all these safety tests costs a LOT of money that they need to recoup somehow. Would I like to see these cars offered at a lower price point? Sure! But I can also understand where these high prices come from.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

Quote:

+2
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Agree on the first paragraph which is my point. If you look at what is done to change a standard 3/5 into an "M" version it's just about all the things you mention and they charge about another $30-35K for it. However if you look at the "M" version of the X6, other than the engine not that much has been done over the standard 50i.

And realistically if you buy an M X6 it will be mostly to get the extra HP to go in s straight line for the occasional turbo Cayenne you run into.
One of the things my father taught me was value before price, just don't see the value for the extra $30k. As far as the R&D that goes into these cars I'm helping pay for that now when I buy a BMW.

If BMW had any sense they would offer performance packages available at dealers just like Dinan is. Many folks would pay to maybe get extra HP but might not care/want the trackable suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Pricing Update???

Interesting read @ BMWBlog. If it's true, it's a lot lower than I thought.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/08/bm...e-80000-range/
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmanTR View Post
Interesting read @ BMWBlog. If it's true, it's a lot lower than I thought.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/08/bm...e-80000-range/

If that's the "base" price then you can add about another $20k to that. My X6 50i had a base price 0f $63k , by the time I was done adding options ( I didn't do everything) it hit $86k before tax and license. And the dealers in my area never make deals on the M versions.

Last edited by dmlgc; 04-08-2009 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Agree on the first paragraph which is my point. If you look at what is done to change a standard 3/5 into an "M" version it's just about all the things you mention and they charge about another $30-35K for it. However if you look at the "M" version of the X6, other than the engine not that much has been done over the standard 50i.

And realistically if you buy an M X6 it will be mostly to get the extra HP to go in s straight line for the occasional turbo Cayenne you run into.
One of the things my father taught me was value before price, just don't see the value for the extra $30k. As far as the R&D that goes into these cars I'm helping pay for that now when I buy a BMW.

If BMW had any sense they would offer performance packages available at dealers just like Dinan is. Many folks would pay to maybe get extra HP but might not care/want the trackable suspension.
I agree with you for the most part. However there are more changes on the X6M over the X6 than just the engine.

- Engine parts have changed (pretty obvious)
- Suspension has been changed
- Cooling system has been changed
- Exhaust system has been changed
- Breaks have been changed
- Addition of a M Mode Launch control
- Steering has been changed
- Some body panels have changed (not that that makes much of a driving difference but it does make the car look nicer)
- Front and rear bumper have changed (increased?!?)
- Pedals have changed from rubber to stainless steel
- Transmission characteristics have been changed
- M style rims (not that they add much but they do usually cost more)
- A LOT of software changes throughout the cars control modules (and yes the development of such software does cost a LOT of money too, dmlgc should know a thing or two about that ! )

Now they did remove something (the fog lights) so they SHOULD charge you less for that

On the other hand, there are a LOT of features already included in this model that were optional on the X6 (or X5 for that matter). Including higher grade leather (extended Merino leather), instrument panel finished in leather, self-leveling rear suspension, rear view camera including the new top view camera feature, automatic tailgate, etc. If you add it all up, I don't think they are asking that much more for the X6M.

Mind you, as I mentioned before, I wouldn't complain if the price of this car would be a little lower too
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0