XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X6 Black on Black

BMW I-pod Interface/Intergration

I was wondering whether anyone has the ipod intergtaion interface in their X6I do not have the premium sound system with ipod intergration in my X6. I just found out though that I can have them install an intergration kit that will let me be able to see music like its on my ipod on my navigation screen. Does anyone have this or had it installed? And if so what do u think about it? Is it worth the money?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #2
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

See itunes?

U mean the itunes visualizer playing on the nav screen? Cool!
Does that mean videos on the ipod will play on screen too?
Tell me more about this program/feature /gadget.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X6 View Post
I was wondering whether anyone has the ipod intergtaion interface in their X6I do not have the premium sound system with ipod intergration in my X6. I just found out though that I can have them install an intergration kit that will let me be able to see music like its on my ipod on my navigation screen. Does anyone have this or had it installed? And if so what do u think about it? Is it worth the money?
I have premium sound. But the iPOD/iDrive kit can be installed in cars without premium sound and provides the music on the iDrive screen. However, videos is not supported.

Be prepared to spend a lot of money to have it installed though.
      02-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
..... will let me be able to see music like its on my ipod on my navigation screen. Does anyone have this or had it installed? And if so what do u think about it? Is it worth the money?
You can see playlists. My ipod interface came as part of a package that included the 6 dvd changer in the glove compartment. At first I burned a bunch of MP3 DVD's, but recently picked up a new ipod nano and put all my tunes on it. It takes up little space in center console and is much easier to update. only have videos in the DVD changer now.

So if you update you tunes a lot it's worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
UK_X6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 3.5i

I got the cable for iPod yesterday and connected my 3G iPhone, plus older 80 gig iPod.

iPhone = the idrive saw it connected but could not get song, playlist etc date. Usless really.

iPod = connects fine, sees playlists etc but will not play some songs. Sits on them for a few seconds, gives up and moves to next track, Trying to find out why.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_X6 View Post
I got the cable for iPod yesterday and connected my 3G iPhone, plus older 80 gig iPod.

iPhone = the idrive saw it connected but could not get song, playlist etc date. Usless really.

iPod = connects fine, sees playlists etc but will not play some songs. Sits on them for a few seconds, gives up and moves to next track, Trying to find out why.

Before I put in the nano I had a first gen 80GB ipod connected it worked fine same as the nano does. i don't think it's your iphone ( I had mine connected for a while) or the ipod.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I decided to get the ipod interface/intergration. I'm happy that I did. It works very well and loads up much faster than my cd player music would. I had one question though. In my car when i pod is connected on the bottom left hand side of the display screen it says cd1. In my friends car he has his name in that corner. Does anyone know how to change it?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I decided to get the ipod interface/intergration. I'm happy that I did. It works very well and loads up much faster than my cd player music would. I had one question though. In my car when i pod is connected on the bottom left hand side of the display screen it says cd1. In my friends car he has his name in that corner. Does anyone know how to change it?
may want to check the name of your ipod, my old 80gig ipod was named "80GB" and that showed up in left hand corner. I named my new nano "BMW ipod" and that shows up , so might be the actual name of your ipod.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Mr_X6
Mr_NYC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
may want to check the name of your ipod, my old 80gig ipod was named "80GB" and that showed up in left hand corner. I named my new nano "BMW ipod" and that shows up , so might be the actual name of your ipod.
Thats what I thought but my Ipod has a name and the name doesnt show. just cd1-003. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

only that it's set on cd instead of aux but that's not likely.
so that's all I can think of.
Appreciate 0