XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #23
wwspiderbig
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

wow that's great you don't see anything with the cover on glad i ordered it!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #24
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwspiderbig View Post
      12-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #25
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Yeah,looking great!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #26
youngien
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwspiderbig View Post
I know this topic seems kinda old, but I was unable to find this trailer hitch in USA. Can you give me the part number?

My dealer don't know anything about this... Sadly.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #27
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngien View Post
I know this topic seems kinda old, but I was unable to find this trailer hitch in USA. Can you give me the part number?

My dealer don't know anything about this... Sadly.
That's the European hitch which is NOT available for the North American market!

The one you need looks a bit different. Have a look at some previous posts, or do a on this topic and you will find pictures of the NA style hitch on this forum.

It's not as clean looking when removed like the European one, but still looks fairly descent (compared to some other cars with hitches out there!).
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #28
youngien
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
That's the European hitch which is NOT available for the North American market!

The one you need looks a bit different. Have a look at some previous posts, or do a on this topic and you will find pictures of the NA style hitch on this forum.

It's not as clean looking when removed like the European one, but still looks fairly descent (compared to some other cars with hitches out there!).
I have seen that other Hitch for the NA market, I didn't really like the idea of cutting a hole into the bumpper. Although that other gentleman's white X6 with a hitch in looks really nice, but nothing compare to Daniel's X6 where you can have a entire cover to cover the whole thing up.

If anyone know what part number this is for the Euro Market, next time when i fly to german, i might be able to pick one up? (wishful dream lol)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #29
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngien View Post
I have seen that other Hitch for the NA market, I didn't really like the idea of cutting a hole into the bumpper. Although that other gentleman's white X6 with a hitch in looks really nice, but nothing compare to Daniel's X6 where you can have a entire cover to cover the whole thing up.

If anyone know what part number this is for the Euro Market, next time when i fly to german, i might be able to pick one up? (wishful dream lol)
Well, if you ordered an X6 in Europe with the hitch, it will get assembled right here in the US, which means that BMW actually DOES have this hitch in their warehouse in the US. However, this hitch I believe is incompatible with the trailer hitch parts we use in NA and hence, BMW will not sell this to you. Sure you can go and buy it in Germany, but I doubt you will have much luck if you try to hook up your trailer to that hitch!

The NA style hitch does NOT require you to cut ANY holes into the bumper, I'm not sure where you got that idea from. The NA hitch is mounted pretty much in the same space below the rear bumper as the European one, the difference is the way the hitch hookup is exposed to the outside. The European model looks like a U shaped hook that once removed is virtually invisible from the back. The NA style hookup has a square shaft that sticks out horizontally, but does not protrude past the bumper. It is not quite as clean looking as the European version, but BMW did manage to make it look somewhat descent.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #30
x6bgd
Serbia
Rep
Drives: X6 3.0d

Daniel is that a original hitch that you ordered with ur car? Since Ive also ordered one and hope it will be like yours!
Because I saw some pic in other posts with hitch thats VERY visible. Without that bumper cover... it seams like xdrive50I said its different for NA and EU.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #31
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6bgd View Post
Daniel is that a original hitch that you ordered with ur car? Since Ive also ordered one and hope it will be like yours!
Because I saw some pic in other posts with hitch thats VERY visible. Without that bumper cover... it seams like xdrive50I said its different for NA and EU.
Yes thats the original euro hitch so thats the one you will get
      02-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #32
x6bgd
Serbia
Rep
Drives: X6 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post
Yes thats the original euro hitch so thats the one you will get
Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 12:29 AM   #33