XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-29-2016, 08:01 AM   #23
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Čestitam!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #24
SerbX5
Private
Serbia
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Čestitam!
hehe.. hvala brate!
      12-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #25
SerbX5
Private
Serbia
Rep

******(UPDATE)******* (HORROR STORY)**********

So... I bought the above mentioned X5M around Thanksgiving through Manheim of San Francisco. When the car arrived to my friends shop, it overheated during the detail. I swung by and decided to drive it to a local BMW dealer and it overheated on me within the first 3 miles.

The nightmare began. The seller, though Manheim, claimed that it was rated a 3.9 out of 5 on the Manheim AutoGrade scale (when they bought it, quick flip) and that it "Drives Great" currently. However, it actually turned out that the radiator was cracked, water pump cracked and the expansion tank cracked. In addition, it needed new lines as well. Not yet done, the airbag lights were on and oil was dripping from under the car. I'm not sure why the airbag lights were on, but the oil dripping was the oil gasket pan that needed replacement, which is ok because at 75k miles it will eventually occur.

I've bought many cars off Manheim or OVE (E39 &E60 M5, Cayenne Turbo & GTS, along w/ 2 RRS S/C's, and more but can't quickly recall). I have luckily NEVER had an issue. This particular X5M had a solid carfax and a solid service history. I got info from both the BMW CA dealership and the MA dealership it was serviced at prior to purchase. I did my homework as best I could.

Point is.. never trust carfax nor a service history from the dealer. Do a PPI (even that can be pointless if not from a reputable shop or personal recommendation). I was lucky that we fought the purchase through Manheim and the previous seller decided to take it back. I'm not going to bash the seller attached to this. But someone there knew something about this car and it was a pretty unethical description used during the sale.

It will probably list on the Seattle Manheim site shortly as they didn't want me to ship it back to them. So when it does, buyer please beware. VIN: 5YMGY0C56ALK25917. Maybe they will fix these problems prior to listing or hopefully they will list the problems on the Manheim listing or put no arbitration. Who knows..

But for now.. the search moves on. I think I'm going to look at private sellers in order to get into a clean example.
      01-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #26
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Damn that sucks, thankfully you're outta of it though. Hope you have better luck with the next one.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #27
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

better luck next time that really sucks. for others.. i have megan exhaust, ur dp's no problems and have both for over 60k miles now . but a word of caution the exhaust + DP is loud. VERY LOUD esp cold start. you'll also loose some low end torque , a tune may help a bit but if your just looking for exhaust note try one at a time.

I did DP's first w/ stock which was a really good balance , then went with a megan exhaust which was a bit crazy. With a new born i had to finally tune out the cold start
      01-04-2017, 11:20 PM   #28
SerbX5
Private
Serbia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Damn that sucks, thankfully you're outta of it though. Hope you have better luck with the next one.
Yah, that was an eye opener.. Granted, it was a good price and maybe I should have known that something might be off. But receiving a car in that state of repair was shocking.

Luckily, I've still never been burned at auction. But with all the possible problems these X5M's seem to have, I'm going to try and find one local.