XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

E70/71 M vs F85/86 M?

Curious if anyone had a chance to run against a new model...or vice versa. Please share any experience along with details of race and specs of your vehicle, your opponents (if known).

I know that on paper and testing the new generation vehicles are faster but I'm wondering about real-life results.

TIA...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Curious if anyone had a chance to run against a new model...or vice versa. Please share any experience along with details of race and specs of your vehicle, your opponents (if known).

I know that on paper and testing the new generation vehicles are faster but I'm wondering about real-life results.

TIA...
I haven't ran against one but everything i'm seeing and hearing says they are significantly faster. IIRC they trap a solid 4-6 MPH faster than the E70 and what I'm told is that they respond much stronger to tuners than the E70.
      01-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
I haven't ran against one but everything i'm seeing and hearing says they are significantly faster. IIRC they trap a solid 4-6 MPH faster than the E70 and what I'm told is that they respond much stronger to tuners than the E70.
I've heard the same...that TU is really a gem of an engine. I'm very surprised no one here had a run in with one.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Based on Europe magazine test results, new gen. X5M/6M are 2 seconds faster from 0-200km/h, that's a big difference.
Appreciate 0