XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Text Messages no longer showing (android)

Hey all,
My Android HTC One has worked pretty well with my 2012 X5 since I got them both. I have been able to view TEXTS on the iDrive, both the existing texts and any new ones that arrive while connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth. Never have been able to view emails, but I don't really care about those. Streaming music worked, though a little finnicky at times. Calling functioned fine.

But recently, for some reason I had a couple issues:
1 - while connected, incoming calls could be answered on the vehicle, but the call would not come through the vehicle once answered. It would come thru the phone in my pocket, which obviously didn't work.
2 - Music streaming would not work at all. Kept choosing the phone as the source and music would only play on the phone.

I un-paired and re-paired a couple times, the 'phone', 'media' and 'message' boxes were all checked. Finally, the calls and media started working again.

I didn't notice at the time if messages were working or not, but a month later I see that it displays all the messages already on my phone at the time Bluetooth connects, but any new messages that pop into my phone after that, I hear the notification on the phone and even see the envelope on the iDrive but when I go into Messages, it shows only the pre-existing texts, but no messages that arrived AFTER I connected Bluetooth. I refreshed the filter, toggled between Email & Texts, and just Texts, same deal.

I again un-paired and re-paired, no change. All boxes are still checked. All I can assume is that an update on one or the other has messed it up.
Any suggestions?? Thanks...
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 12-20-2017 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 04:29 PM   #2
CarFan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 3.5 Premium

Garage List
I had something very similar happen. I've had varying Blackberry phones since 2004 and for the last 6 years my 2013 X5 has worked very well with whatever Blackberry phone I had.

Starting in January my apps stopped working -- music, voice navigation, etc. Only Pandora continued to work when I was in the vehicle. I bought a new Blackberry Key2 (which uses an Android OS) and everything returned. I got emails again, my calendar appeared and of course streaming apps like SiriusXM worked. Even BMW connect worked.

Last week I started getting static on calls and/or dropped calls. I did a delete on both the phone and the vehicle and the problem seemed to go away. However a few days later I noticed that I can no longer see emails or my calendar. Everything else works. Anyone else have this? Since my X5 hasn't changed, I wonder if the Android phone is the culprit?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

My situation hasn't changed since I posted that two yrs ago. No new texts show on iDrive. Everything else works.

"Technology is Seamless"....
Bullshit! More trouble than its worth sometimes!

In my case I tend to blame my HTC phone (which is getting old now), as it's a sunnuva bitch sometimes when connecting to other devices I own. And the BT range seems to SUCK.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 09-30-2019 at 07:37 AM..
Appreciate 0