XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-15-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

H&R wheel spacer figment problem X5M

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with H&R wheel spacer fitment to the hub on their X5M. I ordered some 12mm spacers part number 2475740 and I just received a call telling me the spacer is to shallow for the hub.

I haven't had a chance to lay eyes on the issue yet but I was just trying to find out if anyone else has had this issue. I verified the part number on the box with the shop and everything seems to match up, so I'm not sure if I ordered the wrong ones or if they were packaged incorrectly
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Well I just went by the shop and got some more information. It seems like there's a machine and lip on the inside of these H&R spacers that is not allowing the spacer to sit flush up against the hub. It seems to only lack a few millimeters before being able to sit flush but the concern is even with the wheel bolts being tightened down if the spacer does not sit flush on the hub it would allow for vibration in steering and a ever so slight wobble to the wheel I'm including some pictures let me know what you guys think.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
gitee
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh.brandon View Post
Well I just went by the shop and got some more information. It seems like there's a machine and lip on the inside of these H&R spacers that is not allowing the spacer to sit flush up against the hub. It seems to only lack a few millimeters before being able to sit flush but the concern is even with the wheel bolts being tightened down if the spacer does not sit flush on the hub it would allow for vibration in steering and a ever so slight wobble to the wheel I'm including some pictures let me know what you guys think.
There's a similar thread on X5 F15/F16 forum that explains this. I think the spacer ends up cracking.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #4
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
How does the hub itself look? I had to remove quite a bit of rust and dirt/debris before my spacers fit flush when I was installing them.
So just to clarify you have these same spacers, same part number and had to remove a lot of debris and you were able to get them to fit flush?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #5
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh.brandon View Post
There's a similar thread on X5 F15/F16 thread that explains this. I think the spacer ends up cracking.
This answered my question...thanks brother
Appreciate 0