XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
onejang
Rep
Drives: 2008 X6

Check Engine Light - again!!!

Maybe someone can help me..

This is the 3rd time my check engine light has come on! The first two times I think the service advisor just reset the computer.

This last time, they changed the gas cap due to a minor leak with the seal, and replaced washer pump hose.

Now the engine light is on again.

Oh and it has nothing to do with the recall...I know it could be any number of things and running a diagnostics may be the only way to go - hence another visit to the dealership this week...but of anyone has anything I should think about, I would love to hear it

Thanks - James
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
BabyBlack
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i & E71 X6M

Scan the code and tell us what it is
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Ronzworld
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 3.5i Alpine White

First time mine came on I got really pissed and brought it to the dealer. They said it mis-fired but couldn't find the problem. Asked for me to bring the car back for a few days for them to figure it out. I never brought it back.

Went to Autozone and bought myself a code reader...and it says that it's emitting too much co2 and very small leak. It could be anything. The leak is why they replaced your gas cap.

I'm not going to bother with the dealer. I'll just reset the code everytime it comes up. Mine comes up maybe twice a year.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Hamed
Private
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: X6

Dear...Can u show us your code reader ? Model .. Price...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Rayvkt
Private
Laos
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 xdrive35i

Garage List
I had the check engine light came up once and was told that the daytime driving light or may be the angle eyes was left on over night which consumed the power from the battery when I unlock the door in the morning that trigered the check engine light.

but right now i have another problem the check engine light showed up again, this time it's the problem with the HPFP the Symptoms include long engine starting times and the illumination of the Service Engine Soon lamp and sudden reduced engine performance during accelleration which will force you to pull over immediately! Just happened to me yesterday.
Appreciate 0