E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > JB4 Coding help - limited progress but need help

04-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
Canadian 335xi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

JB4 Coding help - limited progress but need help

I am trying to learn about the JB4 input and output.

I have been in contact with Terry from BMS but his response is simply that they will no longer help people because they were just getting too many requests. I don't see why they wouldn't publish some documentation on their device and post it.... but that aside, the help is no longer available.

I am specifically looking for anyone that has figure out out how to transmit to the JB4 ... I have catless dps so I can test by driving around on map 0 ... but I don't want to F around with sending wrong stuff. I'd like to know the code to send the "read codes" and get them back.

I had my car go into ENGINE MALFUNCTION the other but the JB4 software says there are no codes stored... ?

BTW, numerous times Terry says he has no problem with 3rd party development, but they just have no time to support it. So if you are one of the lucky ones that has info from him (or figured it out) PLEASE drop me PM!

Last edited by Canadian 335xi; 04-04-2014 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: subscribe
Appreciate 0