XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
hc7777
Rep
Drives: e90

general question about X6M options

I wonder if options such as adaptive drive or Ventilated seat are standard in X6M in Canada, since I just cannot find those options in BMW website.

As well, does X6 5.0 have more options than X6M?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
hc7777
Rep

I know adaptive drive should be included, but how about ventilated seat?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
zaha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

I am pretty sure adaptive drive is included in Canada. I asked my dealer about ventilated seats and he said it is not an option because it adds too much weight. However, I believe you can get the option if you do a special order. I believe they are just under $3000 after the special order fee.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
hc7777
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaha View Post
I am pretty sure adaptive drive is included in Canada. I asked my dealer about ventilated seats and he said it is not an option because it adds too much weight. However, I believe you can get the option if you do a special order. I believe they are just under $3000 after the special order fee.

Hope that helps.
does that mean Canadian X6M and US X6M are different in terms of options?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Rac10000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman S

Adaptive Drive is included in the X6M in the US. But Ventilated Seats are not, they are optional ... part of the "Active Ventilated Seat Package" which requires Perforated Full Merino Leather.

Quote:

Hope that helps.
And I hope you laughed at your dealer when he gave you that excuse. Adding a few pounds to a car that is already 5324 lbs. is not the reason.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
hc7777
Rep

zaha
do you find any other useful options that are excluded by Canadian one?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #7
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:

Hope that helps.

"he said it is not an option because it adds too much weight. "

I have to wonder if your dealer has ever looked up the specs on an X6, the car weighs 5200 pounds. Since when are options availability based on how much they weigh, if that's the case then you will not be able to order 20" rims and tires as they weigh a bunch. Did he say this with a straight face ?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #8
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

I can confirm that adaptive drive is standard in Canada.

Ventilated seats are not an official option, but can be accessed through "special orders". It is nuts expensive, though. You have to delete the "M" seats, and go with "Comfort" seats, which in my mind, is a deal breaker right off the bat.

Here is an excerpt from the email that I received:

Ventilated Seats, Manual Side Sunshades and Piano Black Trim can be special ordered on X6 M. Please see below wholesale costs and restrictions.

Ventilated Seats. WS $1,425. Must be ordered with Comfort Seats. Hence, the vehicle will not have M Seats. Comfort Seats to be special ordered separately. See below for the cost.
Ventilated Seats with Full Merino Leather are available in three colours: Black, Silverstone and Bamboo Beige.

Comfort Seats. WS $665

Manual Side Sunshades: $300

Piano Black Trim: $715

Please also add $400 special order fee.

Regards,
John

For $2500, after all is said and done, we didn't think ventilated seats were worth it, especially as you lose the M seats.
      12-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
I can confirm that adaptive drive is standard in Canada.

Ventilated seats are not an official option, but can be accessed through "special orders". It is nuts expensive, though. You have to delete the "M" seats, and go with "Comfort" seats, which in my mind, is a deal breaker right off the bat.

Here is an excerpt from the email that I received:

Ventilated Seats, Manual Side Sunshades and Piano Black Trim can be special ordered on X6 M. Please see below wholesale costs and restrictions.

Ventilated Seats. WS $1,425. Must be ordered with Comfort Seats. Hence, the vehicle will not have M Seats. Comfort Seats to be special ordered separately. See below for the cost.
Ventilated Seats with Full Merino Leather are available in three colours: Black, Silverstone and Bamboo Beige.

Comfort Seats. WS $665

Manual Side Sunshades: $300

Piano Black Trim: $715

Please also add $400 special order fee.

Regards,
John

For $2500, after all is said and done, we didn't think ventilated seats were worth it, especially as you lose the M seats.
The regular M leather starts to wrinkle, crease and even fade on certain parts of the driver's side.

I am not a big fan of the M novillo leather in the Ms.

The ventilated would definitely be high on my option list!

However, someone has mentioned that the std seats on the X6/X5 M are not as supportive as the M seats in the M3,M5,M6.

So my question is if I order the X6M with ventilated seats, am i missing out on something?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
TTBear
Captain
Rep

You're not missing out on much. I agree. The M seats on the X6M are not anywhere near to being as supportive as the M3 seats - especially laterally. The lack of adjustable bolsters is significant. The X6M seats ARE comfortable, though.

I think the optional comfort seats would be fine for the vast majority of people. We decided not to go with ventilated/perforated seats - I figured it would be hell on earth to keep crap out of the perforations.
      12-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
zaha
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc7777 View Post
zaha
do you find any other useful options that are excluded by Canadian one?
Only options I would say to get are the executive package (a MUST) and the extended full leather. The dash covered in stitched leather is far nicer than the regular look, and is worth the price.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Only options I would say to get are the executive package (a MUST) and the extended full leather. The dash covered in stitched leather is far nicer than the regular look, and is worth the price.
What else is left, the $1900 rear entertainment package

I see you bought your car from toronto, which dealer did you use?

And are the individual colors available on the X6M yet
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #13
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You're not missing out on much. I agree. The M seats on the X6M are not anywhere near to being as supportive as the M3 seats - especially laterally. The lack of adjustable bolsters is significant. The X6M seats ARE comfortable, though.

I think the optional comfort seats would be fine for the vast majority of people. We decided not to go with ventilated/perforated seats - I figured it would be hell on earth to keep crap out of the perforations.
Yes but I figure, the leather in our LX570 is ventilated and looks really nice, and hasnt creased, wrinkled or faded even though both my E93 M3 and the LX570 are 2008s.

With the LX570 having more than twice the mileage of the M3's, when comparing the driver's seats on both vehicles, the lexus held up better

So definitely consider the ventilated in the X6!

Also, can I show the posted note about the special ordering of the seats or is there a code that I have to provide to the dealer?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
zaha
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
What else is left, the $1900 rear entertainment package

I see you bought your car from toronto, which dealer did you use?

And are the individual colors available on the X6M yet
That tv is a POS in my opinion.
I special ordered my car just so I could have it without that screen. It isn't on the back of the seats so each passenger cannot watch directly but they must look down and to the center which is very annoying. There is no idrive for rear passengers like in the 7 series. And worst of all if you fold the tv down you cannot open the arm rest!!! It isn't worth the money imo.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #15
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Yes but I figure, the leather in our LX570 is ventilated and looks really nice, and hasnt creased, wrinkled or faded even though both my E93 M3 and the LX570 are 2008s.

With the LX570 having more than twice the mileage of the M3's, when comparing the driver's seats on both vehicles, the lexus held up better

So definitely consider the ventilated in the X6!

Also, can I show the posted note about the special ordering of the seats or is there a code that I have to provide to the dealer?

Thanks!
My service advisor had to contact BMW Canada to confirm that the ventilated seats could be ordered. They will be special order, so you will have to order first comfort seats, THEN ventilated seats (it works out to be pretty expensive), and you also have to pay the $400 special order fee. I don't have the specific codes to hand - sorry - your service advisor should be able to find out easily!
      12-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My service advisor had to contact BMW Canada to confirm that the ventilated seats could be ordered. They will be special order, so you will have to order first comfort seats, THEN ventilated seats (it works out to be pretty expensive), and you also have to pay the $400 special order fee. I don't have the specific codes to hand - sorry - your service advisor should be able to find out easily!
Cool thanks, I will figure it out. I mean its going to be an extra couple of grand right? like $3-$4K? I am willing to pay that for ventilated leather!

The other question is whether the X5M and X6M have the individual programs available yet? Because that would change a lot of things
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #17
TTBear
Captain
Rep

Yep - you're pretty close:

Ventilated seats - $1425
Comfort seats - $665
Special order fee - $400

Say $2500 give or take. Not bad, over the course of the time you'll own the car. Better to order the car the way YOU want it