XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
jersey john
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Random Locking of Doors & Window closing

My 2013 xDrive35i has recently been experiencing a gremlin where the doors will randomly lock and close the windows as if the lock button is pressed. But the button on my key fob isn't pressed.

I've already changed the battery in the key fob and it doesn't seem like the button has been pressed or is held down when this happens. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance.

I feel like every day is the Kobayashi Maru and my name's not James T. Kirk
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

perchance do you live next to some chick with freaky hair who calls herself Zuul?

Sorry I couldn't help but I hope you appreciate the chuckle.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #3
jersey john
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
perchance do you live next to some chick with freaky hair who calls herself Zuul?

Sorry I couldn't help but I hope you appreciate the chuckle.
Appreciate the humor but it gets frustrating when the car magically locks doors and closes windows when there are people getting into the car or when the rear hatch mysteriously opens onto the garage door and causes the garage door to jam.....

I feel like every day is the Kobayashi Maru and my name's not James T. Kirk
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2019, 05:19 AM   #4
SergeyB
Rep
Drives: X5 2011

Hi, I do not know if I had same issue but hope this might help. I have a comfort access option with soft close and at some point I replaced drivers door latch with motor. After doing this the door handle of the drivers door started to behave strange when using comfort access. For example I shut the door by pushing the door handle on its vertical surface (not even the place you should touch to lock the car) and after door is shut the car locked itself automatically. This happened sporadically without touching the lock area on door handle. Google was not to helpfull since I couldn't not describe this issues precisely. But I could scrap some direction. Eventually I found a procedure in INPA that is called CAS reset and it it advised to execute it when ever you work on door handles. CAS reset solved my problem!!! May be you did some related repairs? I must notice that after CAS reset, seldomly key may become out of sync and in order to open the car I need to eject the car key from folder and push it back until it is cliped. Sounds weird, did not fix it yet because it is seldom like once in a week or weeks and it is much less annoying than car closes sporadically.
Appreciate 0