XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

02-17-2016, 07:26 AM   #1
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Multi quotes and search forum

Hi relative newbie here.

Question:

I'm having problems using the 'search forum' facility.When I push on the box the page just refreshes.

Re the above as I'm having problems and I don't know if this has been covered but I'm unable to multi quote.For example I can only get the last quote from a thread reply and not the previous one,regardless of what I do with the + box.

Am I doing something wrong as the software used on this forum is pretty alien to me ?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #2
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

You need to provide which OS, browser and such things too if someone should be able to track down any bugs.

I have no such issues in any browser.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #3
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi,

Android Linux 4.4.2

Chrome 48 2564.95

I'm not sure whether this is helpful or not

Edit:

Phpbb - no known problems

Last edited by Nine Lives; 02-17-2016 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Edit
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Update:

When I go into a new topic thread,for a brief moment a blue outlined box at the bottom of the page comes up with a " multiquote this message " and then disappears.I'm then left with a blue outlined box with "quote "(which I can do in the singular) a plus sign(which I've no idea what it does apart from turn red) and a pen.

I've also noted when replying to a thread that I can't read what I'm replying to.

Might this be relevant ??

Edit:

I've tried Firefox and UC Browser and still the same.

Also "tweet and in share " pop up at the bottom and then disappear

Last edited by Nine Lives; 02-17-2016 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Edit
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Further update:

Upgraded to android 5.02 on galaxy tab S2 and latest Chrome search engine.I could use a PC but prefer to use a tablet for recreational use,anyhow my PC's aren't connected to the Web and that's the way I like it.

Seems more stable,but this is the only forum I know of that is unstable in desktop mode.Still won't " quick search " and still unable to multi quote even in mobile format.

It might sound nieve but a few basic guidelines from admin in the stickies wouldn't go amiss in case something is being done wrong here.

Edit:

I've found a work around.After searching Google a similar question was asked in 2013 about being able to quote two posts as well as your own on the same page that you preview and then submit.
I've found out the + button is to be used to quote the text you want in your post on a particular thread.
It just seems a clunky way of doing things though,as to why you can't just hit the quote button to include everything is beyond me.
I've also learnt that the " contact us " button is next to useless as well because you never get a reply

27/05/16.

Update to the update:

Now on Marshmallow 6 for Android,the latest incarnation.

No difference

Last edited by Nine Lives; 05-27-2016 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Edit
Appreciate 0