XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
KrisHorton
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M and E60 M5

Got some coding done on the X5M

So I dropped by Eurpean Auto Source the other day for a set of wheel spacers (pics to come, I'm sure) and decided to have them code the car while I was there. I must be getting old, because I think I was most excited about the fact that the key fob can now make the hatch go down as well instead of just up.

That's a great feature but I also had them code out the amber lights in the headlights (the signals still work but the little orange running light is now deactivated. They also bumped the brightness of the angel eyes (it was a trip to see them brighten up right as the car was flashed.

I had the mirrors coded to fold with the key fob and comfort access along with the windows up/down too.

There are a bunch of things I'm forgetting, but I've been geeking out over it all since I had it done. They're little things that you don't think about on a day to day basis but make a nice difference once they've been changed. The price was really reasonable too at $95 for all of the coding and another $50 for DVD in motion. Best of all I didn't even need an appointment and I was out of there in a flash (so to speak).

Anyway, just wanted to post my review! I definitely recommend it! They're in Anaheim for anyone in SoCal that's looking to have this done!

Kris
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Devimik
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35i Sports Activity

That is cool - these are the things the dealer should go over with you when you buy, but I have never had them do it. I was just talking to my shop today about doing some coding on my M3, but I'll talk with them about the hatch and other items you mentioned too on the X5. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

You can buy the cable for $95 from Hong Kong and get it in about 2 weeks and the software is free online. There's a lot more you can do like the doors auto unlock when you turn the car off instead off pulling the door handle twice, another is having the windshield wipers complete the cycle when u turn the car off instead of sticking in the middle I the windshield . Also I coded my rain and light sensor to not be so sensitive so the lights don't come on at 4 in the afternoon. Coded the angels not to dim when the headlights are turned on. Instead of the triple flash when u tap the turn signal lever I have four flashes. My A/C doesn't automatically come on anymore when your first start the vehicle. And my brake force distribution lights turn on with normal brake force. There's a ton of stuff you can do. It's worth getting the cable and learning.
      12-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devimik
That is cool - these are the things the dealer should go over with you when you buy, but I have never had them do it. I was just talking to my shop today about doing some coding on my M3, but I'll talk with them about the hatch and other items you mentioned too on the X5. Thanks!
The dealership can't add these things as they are programmed this way for safety reasons from the factory.