XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
ferrari
Rep
Drives: X6M

22" Inch Dilemma

I live in the northeast so potholes during and just after winter are a reality. Not to mention crappy roads in certain areas. I also subscribe to the winter tires in winter and very high performance tires in warmer weather model. As far as I can tell, there is 1 option in the 21"-22" wheel size for high performance tires and that is the P-Zero. Very expensive and it doesn't even come in the full potential 295mm Front size so you have to get 285. Is there any solution to this?

I'm really not comfortable going to 22's. I've made some recent trips to Laguardia and JFK and the thought of 22's is horrific. I would do 21" wheels, but again there is no high performance solution. I do NOT want run flats = Dunlops.

I would love to hear solutions. I'm almost ready to just buy 20" wheels for warmer weather but can I get a high performance tire for that size? Am I just stuck with this incredible truck and no good tires to put on it?

I have a 2012 Saphire Black X6M.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

this is the first summer I'll be running 22's with the p-zero's. I've seen others do it on here in NY, I think I should be fine. MI roads are pretty bad in some areas because of the shovel trucks, not sure how they compare to NY but you could do 21 to play it safe. I feel like the 20's are too small unless you lower the car

2018 M6 Gran Coupe Competition- Singapore Grey/Aragon Brown
DME Stage 3
Appreciate 0