XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
benz715
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi soon to be X5

sick! can you PM me bc I live in long island and am getting my car in a couple of weeks......can drive to you for installation
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #24
benz715
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi soon to be X5

thanks! waiting for your PMh
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #25
BobWilliamsTN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 xDrive48i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brabusw209amg View Post
gene, it's my kit =P Who's other kit could it be that retains ALL factory functions and works 100%? LOL.

I will also try to get a fix for the fogs. It's when the car is in adaptive, it turns on one side of the fogs and the system detects it as something different since it runs on lower wattage. HIDs run with less power. Otherwise, there is always no errors.

HID angels will always be no errors. Special modified relays needed to be used along with custom smooth operational boxes along with special ballasts. Cannot just use regular digital ballasts.
I would like to purchase the kit for the Angel Eyes. I have a 2009 X5. Please let me know if you can help me out. Looking forward to your reply.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #26
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Has anyone asked if these HID angel eyes are going to ruin the rings (long term) from the additional heat. What about the corner light function, the constant on/of isn't good for HID ballasts.
      03-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #27
Danny1388
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M

Im not really seeing a clear answer..

What kit is this?? Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside99 View Post
I guess I should explain myself a little better about the errors it's throwing after testing it thoroughly. The only errors it throws are either for the left or right fog light being out. This only happens if 1) adaptive drive is on and 2) the fog lights are off. If you drive with the fog lights on your not going to get an error. It appears the error is blowing because of the "fade in/out" behavior of the adaptive drive. For those not familiar with it, as I explained before, when you are driving at low speed and put your left or right turn signal on, that sides fog light fades on and out to light up the turn. As we all know, xenons don't fade, so it flickers until it gets full power, blows the "fog light out" error, then goes out. Once again if you drive with the fogs on there is no error. Also, there is no error from the angel eyes.
Expected behavior because as you noted, BMW fades in/out the cornering lights, which cause problems for xenon bulbs and ballasts. You're going to shorten the life of your bulbs dramatically not just with the frequent on/off, but the dimming/fading the car is trying to do with them as well which causes flickering. Two practical options:

1. Replace the fogs with bright white halogen bulbs and call it a day. The "fading" is what's causing you problems.

2. Find someone who can code your vehicle and have them turn off the cornering features so the lights are only used as fog lights.

LED lights will have the same problem.
Appreciate 0