XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

05-03-2020, 08:15 PM   #1
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Revolving door of BMWs

Thumbs up 2011 BMW X5 35d Diesel Black / Black Fully Optioned Tuned Great Shape 150k miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Why I bought this:
I have been driving sporty SUV for a while now. I had a Cayenne Turbo and then an X5M. I ended up getting into tracking and and split the X5M into an E46 M3 and a X5 35d to be my daily for good mileage and it can tow (though never needed to tow my M3 anyway.) This one had all the good options I needed.

Why I'm selling it:
My wife always wanted a Porsche (thinking 911.) We had a baby and I talked her into getting the Macan Turbo from her tuned up 135i, so I could pick up an F80 M3 to be able to track it the once a year I will get a chance with the baby. Priorities change and I won't need the dedicated track car or dedicated daily anymore.

Why this X5 will make you happy:
It has been well taken care of and is in very good physical and mechanical shape. I enjoy working on cars and sometimes just look for something to replace if I think it might wear out in the next year or so. It is pretty much the sportiest optioned X5 35d you'll find. It is tuned up with about the most amount of power in one of these that is still going to be reliable. I wanted it to be my version of the X5 M50d and I'd say it probably drives like one. I think the prices of these diesel X5 are low because the EGR, SCR or DPF can go out on them which would be costly. You're in luck, this doesn't have any of those anymore. So, it'll be reliable for you into the future.

Price: $14,000 OBO
E-mail: BradAFarrar@gmail.com
Phone: 832.216.1113
Conditions: As is where is. In all honesty, I can possibly meet someone somewhere depending on how things are in the near future. I travel around the SE for work (usually.) I am also free for if you have any questions about the car in the future after purchase. You'll get any other stuff I have for this car not listed that is in my garage. Sun shade, roof rails, etc, etc.

Mods:
-Dinan Lowering Springs (-0.75") I had some springs that lowered my X5M 1.5" and those were too bouncy. These Dinan springs lower it some and improve handling without being bouncy
-Black grills
-F&R Brake setup off of a M50d. I had them shipped from Germany. These help this 35d stop like the X5M did. The original brakes on the 35d are sad.
-EGR, SCR, DPF Deletes with Buzzken downpipe.
-EGR Delete race pipe
-JR stage 2.8 tune (Says it adds 109 HP and 185 lf/ft torque for a total of 374HP / 610TQ & improves mileage)
-xHP Stage 2 transmission tune
-2016 X5 wheels
-Replaced headlight lenses, upgraded to clear projector lenses & upgraded bulbs (very bright at night and sharp cut-off)
-Android 7.1 10.25" touch screen
-Replaced most suspension components. You'll see some stars in some pictures on what was new recently. Pretty much everything in the front suspension. Upper & lower control arms, tie rods, shock mounts, sway bar links, etc
-20% Ceramic Tint all around. (Speaking of windows, the windshield is also ceramic tinted, but has a big crack in it. I'll get it replaced before it is sold, I just hate to do it now because I like having the tint on there)
-I've coded a few cool features. I forget what all, but folding of the mirrors on button hold and open/close tailgate on remote hold are nice.

Options:
You can find an options list decoded from the vin on the bottom of the maintenance report below. Here are some of the options I'd like to highlight:
-Sport Package (black headliner, sporty steering wheel)
-Self leveling rear suspension. This is very similar to what the X5M runs with the airbags in the back.
-3rd row seat
-Adaptive Drive (Damper control. 2 modes, off / on, off is comfy and smooth riding. With Sport on, it tightens up the sway bars and tightens the dampers and handles like my X5M did. In either mode the computer is reacting to road conditions. It's a really nice option to have)
-Ventillated seats are amazing in Houston summers. The massaging but feature is great for long drives.
-Top view camera is great when backing into spots, you can see both lines right alongside the car. I think I did DVD in motion and a few others, but none I can think of that I remember.
-Lane Departure Warning. I think that is rare in an E70. I kinda like it on long trips. It will vibrate the wheel if you are drifting over a line.
-HiFi Professional DSP sounds pretty much as good as my X5M did with the HK setup. I like being able to store music on the HDD as well.

Walk-Around Video:

Carfax:
https://app.box.com/s/d2dfz9qccbki68f98p06yewybhvk5aqn

Rough Maintenance Record:
https://app.box.com/s/b1y8v06ll54u600wj54meiuo856gonal

Pictures:

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
M5_1of400
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 / 2011 X5 35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36bmer View Post
Why I bought this:
I have been driving sporty SUV for a while now. I had a Cayenne Turbo and then an X5M. I ended up getting into tracking and and split the X5M into an E46 M3 and a X5 35d to be my daily for good mileage and it can tow (though never needed to tow my M3 anyway.) This one had all the good options I needed.

Why I'm selling it:
My wife always wanted a Porsche (thinking 911.) We had a baby and I talked her into getting the Macan Turbo from her tuned up 135i, so I could pick up an F80 M3 to be able to track it the once a year I will get a chance with the baby. Priorities change and I won't need the dedicated track car or dedicated daily anymore.

Why this X5 will make you happy:
It has been well taken care of and is in very good physical and mechanical shape. I enjoy working on cars and sometimes just look for something to replace if I think it might wear out in the next year or so. It is pretty much the sportiest optioned X5 35d you'll find. It is tuned up with about the most amount of power in one of these that is still going to be reliable. I wanted it to be my version of the X5 M50d and I'd say it probably drives like one. I think the prices of these diesel X5 are low because the EGR, SCR or DPF can go out on them which would be costly. You're in luck, this doesn't have any of those anymore. So, it'll be reliable for you into the future.

Price: $14,000 OBO
E-mail: BradAFarrar@gmail.com
Phone: 832.216.1113
Conditions: As is where is. In all honesty, I can possibly meet someone somewhere depending on how things are in the near future. I travel around the SE for work (usually.) I am also free for if you have any questions about the car in the future after purchase. You'll get any other stuff I have for this car not listed that is in my garage. Sun shade, roof rails, etc, etc.

Mods:
-Dinan Lowering Springs (-0.75") I had some springs that lowered my X5M 1.5" and those were too bouncy. These Dinan springs lower it some and improve handling without being bouncy
-Black grills
-F&R Brake setup off of a M50d. I had them shipped from Germany. These help this 35d stop like the X5M did. The original brakes on the 35d are sad.
-EGR, SCR, DPF Deletes with Buzzken downpipe.
-EGR Delete race pipe
-JR stage 2.8 tune (Says it adds 109 HP and 185 lf/ft torque for a total of 374HP / 610TQ & improves mileage)
-xHP Stage 2 transmission tune
-2016 X5 wheels
-Replaced headlight lenses, upgraded to clear projector lenses & upgraded bulbs (very bright at night and sharp cut-off)
-Android 7.1 10.25" touch screen
-Replaced most suspension components. You'll see some stars in some pictures on what was new recently. Pretty much everything in the front suspension. Upper & lower control arms, tie rods, shock mounts, sway bar links, etc
-20% Ceramic Tint all around. (Speaking of windows, the windshield is also ceramic tinted, but has a big crack in it. I'll get it replaced before it is sold, I just hate to do it now because I like having the tint on there)
-I've coded a few cool features. I forget what all, but folding of the mirrors on button hold and open/close tailgate on remote hold are nice.

Options:
You can find an options list decoded from the vin on the bottom of the maintenance report below. Here are some of the options I'd like to highlight:
-Sport Package (black headliner, sporty steering wheel)
-Self leveling rear suspension. This is very similar to what the X5M runs with the airbags in the back.
-3rd row seat
-Adaptive Drive (Damper control. 2 modes, off / on, off is comfy and smooth riding. With Sport on, it tightens up the sway bars and tightens the dampers and handles like my X5M did. In either mode the computer is reacting to road conditions. It's a really nice option to have)
-Ventillated seats are amazing in Houston summers. The massaging but feature is great for long drives.
-Top view camera is great when backing into spots, you can see both lines right alongside the car. I think I did DVD in motion and a few others, but none I can think of that I remember.
-Lane Departure Warning. I think that is rare in an E70. I kinda like it on long trips. It will vibrate the wheel if you are drifting over a line.
-HiFi Professional DSP sounds pretty much as good as my X5M did with the HK setup. I like being able to store music on the HDD as well.

Walk-Around Video:

Carfax:
https://app.box.com/s/d2dfz9qccbki68f98p06yewybhvk5aqn

Rough Maintenance Record:
https://app.box.com/s/b1y8v06ll54u600wj54meiuo856gonal

Pictures:
Car looks amazing! Very well maintained.
I just got the same wheels, what size tires do you have? I'm thinking of putting 275/45/20 in the front, for the back seems to be harder to find 3xx/45/20 tires
      05-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Sorry for off topic, but quick question about the DINAN Springs. So I assume you meant you put on X5M Dinan springs on, they were plug and play for the 35d suspension?

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
dimeo187
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota Land Cruiser HE

Garage List
2016 GT4  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [9.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.75]
Great setup man! I'm in Houston as well and following a similar work path.

GLWS!
      05-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #5
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDemonDM View Post
Car looks amazing! Very well maintained.
I just got the same wheels, what size tires do you have? I'm thinking of putting 275/45/20 in the front, for the back seems to be harder to find 3xx/45/20 tires
Thanks! I have the OEM tire size. I believe it is 275/40/20 F and 315/35/20 R. I did read a thread a while back about some trying a size larger diameter tire and it hit the front upper axle arm. I actually thought it would be neat to try to fit a little bit larger rubber, but it wasn't worth the trouble of a return and remount for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDNY516 View Post
Sorry for off topic, but quick question about the DINAN Springs. So I assume you meant you put on X5M Dinan springs on, they were plug and play for the 35d suspension?
With adaptive drive & self leveling on the 35d, the struts are physically identical to the X5M struts. I imagine the internal valving may be different, but could never confirm. So, the springs for the X5M and this 35d are actually the same. I had confirmed with Dinan before purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimeo187 View Post
Great setup man! I'm in Houston as well and following a similar work path.

GLWS!
Thanks, enjoy! I'm in the Heights, so eventually I should eventually have a YAS F80 driving around.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #6
dimeo187
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Toyota Land Cruiser HE

Garage List
2016 GT4  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [9.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36bmer View Post

Thanks, enjoy! I'm in the Heights, so eventually I should eventually have a YAS F80 driving around.
I'm in Montrose so I'll keep an eye out
      05-11-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

Edit: Back for Sale

I am holding off on sale. Thanks for all the interest. I think I had much more interest than I anticipated. The deal I had going on an F80 seems to have slipped and I am going to keep looking for that right F80 for me.

Last edited by e36bmer; 07-13-2020 at 08:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 08:17 PM   #8
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

Bump. I just picked up a 2016 M3 with nearly all the options I was looking for. So, I can put this back for sale. I had a lot of interest, so sorry if I don't remember each person that contact me. Just reach back out if you are interested and want to see the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 01:47 AM   #9
daddywine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d

What a beautiful diesel!
I recently picked up the same year with just under 50k miles but didn’t get some of the options that I covet on yours, i.e. adaptive drive, lane departure warning, comfort access, ventilated and massaging seat, and HUD. I was searching for quite a while and finally settled on the low mileage overriding the options that were missing. From that search I can confirm that those options are quite rare to find and I can’t say I ever saw one, in my nationwide search, with all of them together. Whomever makes the deal to take your baby home will be getting an awesome vehicle that will surely be the “ultimate driving machine!”
The diesels are a pure pleasure to drive and deliver a lot more performance than most people expect, especially with the full emissions delete and a performance tune. I assume you live in one of the free of emissions testing counties in Texas but can offer a suggestion for anyone who would be interested in purchasing your beauty but lives somewhere, like me in Cali, that has heavy emissions regulations.
I setup an LLC in Montana and registered my vehicle there. Montana has no emissions requirements, no sales tax (saved me close to $1,100) and after a vehicle is 11 years or older (next year for a 2011) you can purchase a permanent registration for $130. It is such a great deal that there is an entire industry devoted to being the registered agent of people’s LLC. It is especially attractive to high end RV purchasers spending $1 to $2 million, the tax savings is the main draw then.
Sorry to get off topic but want to reiterate what a gorgeous and rare vehicle you have for sale! I might have had a tough decision if I would have seen yours before purchasing mine. Good luck and congratulations in advance to whomever you sell it to.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 08:49 AM   #10
apxxxxx
Rep
Drives: e70 x5

To seller

Could you post a video of how it smokes with 2.8 tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #11
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

Just sold. Thanks for looking.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 04:23 PM   #12
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apxxxxx View Post
To seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddywine View Post
What a beautiful diesel!
I recently picked up the same year with just under 50k miles but didn't get some of the options that I covet on yours, i.e. adaptive drive, lane departure warning, comfort access, ventilated and massaging seat, and HUD. I was searching for quite a while and finally settled on the low mileage overriding the options that were missing. From that search I can confirm that those options are quite rare to find and I can't say I ever saw one, in my nationwide search, with all of them together. Whomever makes the deal to take your baby home will be getting an awesome vehicle that will surely be the "ultimate driving machine!"
The diesels are a pure pleasure to drive and deliver a lot more performance than most people expect, especially with the full emissions delete and a performance tune. I assume you live in one of the free of emissions testing counties in Texas but can offer a suggestion for anyone who would be interested in purchasing your beauty but lives somewhere, like me in Cali, that has heavy emissions regulations.
I setup an LLC in Montana and registered my vehicle there. Montana has no emissions requirements, no sales tax (saved me close to $1,100) and after a vehicle is 11 years or older (next year for a 2011) you can purchase a permanent registration for $130. It is such a great deal that there is an entire industry devoted to being the registered agent of people's LLC. It is especially attractive to high end RV purchasers spending $1 to $2 million, the tax savings is the main draw then.
Sorry to get off topic but want to reiterate what a gorgeous and rare vehicle you have for sale! I might have had a tough decision if I would have seen yours before purchasing mine. Good luck and congratulations in advance to whomever you sell it to.
Thanks so much. It went to an enthusiast. It certainly is a very rare optioned car, especially for a diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apxxxxx View Post
To seller

it really didn't smoke that much. I never did get a video of it.
Appreciate 0