XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-14-2016, 11:24 PM   #23
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
Wow... This got out of hand. So let me address it publicly ... because at this point it likely needs to be.

I didn't see any other thread involving Frank and truly don't know why he is even being brought in to it... He had every opportunity to bash Raza and did not, honestly.

He was brought into it because james repeatedly keeps making claims that frank made certain comments.

To understand why I didn't answer your call... I have to back up.

I came in to Tuning Tech for MPact to look at getting a custom tune as I was going to gut my stock downpipes (well documented on here... I planned to get some dyno numbers to check the numbers). You then started talking to me about making downpipes as I didn't see the value in aftermarket downpipes in terms of hp vs. $$. You specifically said "We can make you some downpipes for around the same price a used set of pipes go for, then you could keep your original OEM once intact" HOOKED... You then went on to talk about the intakes and how if I could give you all the truck for 30 days you could make me downpipes, intakes, tune plus tons of before and after data. I agreed and you all came to pick the car up that night.

To say that you had my truck for 2 weeks (not 30 days originally intended) because I was waiting on a part is complete bullshit... you and i both know it. I was out of town for a few days and came with the wrong part... and was going to overnight the night the new one and you told me not to worry about it. I got a call from FRANK to come pick my car up because you were done with it... Which really further proves my car sat for 2 weeks when your really only needed it for a day or two. To make things worse... The sole reason I bought in to you having it was for downpipes... Something you continued to lead me on about knowing damn well you had never even started them, scanned that area or did anything else with the intention to produce.

The two weeks comment is because james keeps saying we had your car for a month and did nothing. You were told you would have something and i myself never backed from that. I told you a certain date and had things come up which were going to effect that. I texted you saying i'm working on the intakes and they were my primary focus. You got upset because i told you the downpipes may not be done. I also at no point say that we would ahve downpipes done by Mpact. I told you we would have a set of intakes done in rapid prototype form and POSSIBLY downpipes. But those take longer than intakes. If it came off as something else, i'll swallow that.

I went to pick up my car and to atleast have it tuned to find out that you had picked up and moved to philly that very day... You said YOU were installing the part... which you never did. I got there and nothing was done, stickers will still all over the engine bay... and I couldnt get tuned because of the hose issue. Don't say you left the stickers on for a reference point... Thats clown talk. You never intended to come back and reuse my truck and you clearly didn't need them as a reference point because you installed these on someone else's truck and he doesnt have 30 or so stickers in his engine bay.

I never backed down from saying i was installing the part, i physically picked up the part and showed frank it had to be installed. The stickers were left there on purpose, you can stop by our shop and find several cars that still have them. Once you move any sticker you lose the exact location. I then have to run a program to guess where the part is. That is why they were left there. You can align everything using the stickers(reference points). Which makes everything much more accurate. That owner today doesn't have stickers in his engine bay because we didn't get a global reference frame. That changes the entire design process. How are you going to tell me i wasn't going to come back? I'm an hour north of you chris, you're making it sound like i moved across the country. I've been back in that area about 4-5 times in the last 3 weeks. Why is it you and frank keep making these extreme assumptions off the basis of nothing?

Is it your responsibility to fix the cracked tube... absolutely not.. but you had my truck which prevented me from doing so and you committed to doing it... but to throw Frank under the bus on our GroupMe is not cool. He never promised it, he never committed to it.. It wasn't his deal. When I brought this to your attention you said... in front of everyone that you were going to give me a call to discuss... you never did. It wasn't until I said something to you about not fulfilling the agreement that you offered to try and do something but at this point it was so close to MPact it wasn't going to work that I cut my losses. Why continue to give my time and energy to something that is proving to be a dead end.

Frank committed to it when he and i discussed it. That was between him and I, another one of the many things he told me he'd get done but wouldn't. I'll publicly say that's why i left the shop. A lot of promises of doing things but just myself doing work on stuff while he worked his day job. Why would i stick around that? Your last text was Aug 31st chris, thats 3 weeks from the day we got the car. The downpipe section was scanned contrary to what frank told you. He and i discussed it and only the ends of the downpipes needed to be changed from the M5 design. Even then, i offered to get you a set, 2 weeks in advance of Mpact. You had said you would like everything a week in advance. I don't think getting upset because we still had two weeks was reasonable. The intakes have been done since last week, just like i said they would be.

At the end of the day... you got something for free... and I got nothing for my time lost and cost of loaning you my truck for 2 weeks. I wasn't planning to publicly put you out there but to ignore the comments and to suggest you had my vehicle for two weeks because of me is a complete lie... and to act like you jumped at the opportunity to make things right immediately is also not true.

You made the decision to get nothing, i'm not going to back away from that because that's a decision you made without consulting me. Regarding the free comment, that's also far from the truth. Only one out money here is me, because i'm out several hundreds under the assumption you were taken care of, doesn't sound like that ever happened. I'm not sure how you deal with others when they try to make things right immediately, but a phone call and a text within an hour of you being upset is usually defined as jumping at the opportunity to make things right. Were you wanting my to drive to your house? You didn't have enough respect to pickup the phone.

To set things straight... I have not talked to Frank since that day and that day was the first time I met him. He got me fixed up and cleared the codes so I could get home and yes... he did point out to me that there was NO way you were going to get me downpipes... but he didn't do it to throw you under the bus because he immediately said you were a good kid with great intentions (which I don't think to be any different either) but he didn't want to see me hanging on to the idea of you fulfilling you end of the agreement... which clearly is the case.

That's the difference between myself and frank. When i tell you i'll do something, i'll make it happen, frank lately isn't the case. I wasn't impressed by him putting words in my mouth and making decisions for me. Since i've moved, we've finished 2 set of downpipes, 4 set of intakes. It's only been 3 weeks since my move. That's a pretty impressive product list in that short amount of time. Your downpipes would have been done if you had waited until the deadline like we discussed.

Good luck to you. I think you're smart kid and have a good thing going but you really need to strategize your business, plan better and take on realistic work loads or you're going to find out quickly that you can't outrun your reputation.
Thanks for taking the time to post your concerns, this is why i tried to call you from the get go.

My comments are in bold.

-R
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 11:25 PM   #24
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

#EndOfThread
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #25
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

For those who have contacted me and are interested in the group buy, here is the respective thread.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...3#post20569923

Thanks
-R
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #26
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

For anyone looking at spending half that, I'll still happily duplicate mine which I'm sure will net nearly the same results. You can buy comfortably knowing mine wasn't designed by stepping on a fellow members toes.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...php?p=19937955
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #27
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
For anyone looking at spending half that, I'll still happily duplicate mine which I'm sure will net nearly the same results. You can buy comfortably knowing mine wasn't designed by stepping on a fellow members toes.

I don't know either of you personally, so I'm not really siding with anyone here, but to be fair, Jame's design does look almost identical to the RK autowerks design. So I personally don't see why anyone would pay more for the RK intake when Jame's looks and functions the exact same. Unless of course you just have to have the carbon fiber because it looks cool, then I understand. Just my opinion though...
Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #28
protecon
*May contain nuts
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M MCB

It looks the same because they're both modelled off the M5 application.
Also, James didn't design nor build his.

I'd be interested if the posted performance gains are at the hubs and with/without filters attached.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #29
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon View Post
It looks the same because they're both modelled off the M5 application.
Also, James didn't design nor build his.

I'd be interested if the posted performance gains are at the hubs and with/without filters attached.
The gains are at the wheels, vehicle was ran on an awd mustang dyno. Your readings in a dynojet would be higher. Mustang dyno applies a load and is the most realistic in terms of gains. The gains are with filters attached.

Thanks
-R
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #30
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

1300-1000 = 300...not sure how that's half.

-R
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #31
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You started at $1800 MSRP ($50 less than the M5 version) and like $1500 GB before you edited at 7:31am (yeah, we can see you did that), not to mention you didn't say if you include shipping. Fine, $1000 shipped isn't completely half of your original $1800 (incl. shipping?) asking price, but it's damn close and you're still being shady lol

There's pros and cons to each design.
- Yours being carbon fiber is badass, I want a set myself if I knew you'd gone about it more ethically and still rewarded Chris with a free set for his troubles.
- Mine being all metal does mean it does get heat soak when idling for extended periods, but they cool down to ambient in no time and heat soak doesn't mean anything when the car is moving. It reminds me of Terry discussing how the N54 engine has his dual cone intake setup sucking in hot engine air and then a crossover tube that goes from the filters to the intercooler sits sandwiched between the engine and radiator...in short he said heat soak doesn't matter as much since these cars are intercooled anyways.
- Yours changes diameter vs mine is a consistent diameter, so who's really to say there since you/RK itself didn't do the extensive testing that was done on the M5 version...but you still charge accordingly lol
- You claim yours requires zero cutting, but then again you haven't produced one fully yet either.
- Mine didn't require cutting, I chose to myself for better filter alignment. The front of the M5 is cavernous compared the the X5M.
- It's safe to assume both sound badass, yours being more bellowy due to a larger chamber but mine being louder due to being metal vs plastic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure myself and others are glad there's a potential (since you haven't actually created a sellable product in CF) second option from a company who's sole purpose is to provide these kinds of products vs me who's a 65+hr a week mechanic at Boeing doing this on the side for zero profit since all I'm doing is sending mine back to the shop who first made it so he can create a jig. I just can't stand how you yourself has stepped on others backs to get to this point. Nevertheless people wanna see working and functioning products, so how about you just go ahead and produce them in carbon fiber vs talking about it and worst case scenario you sell 5-10 of them and you're out less time than the guys car you used to help you create them.

Last edited by m5james; 09-16-2016 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #32
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

You know since you're not interested at all, it might be in your best interest to stop with all the negative comments. You're selling a product on this website without being a vendor. I think you should become a vendor first before bashing another vendors products and pricing.

Just saying

-R
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #33
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You do right by Chris and send him a free intake, then I've got nothing else to say. I'm proposing to copy my current intake, if that day comes, I'll contact the powers that be here about being a "vendor" even though all I'm really doing is being a middle man since someone else is reproducing and shipping them. That's for your concern about MY integrity though...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #34
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You do right by Chris and send him a free intake, then I've got nothing else to say.
I've already paid for him to have a free set of downpipes. Not sure why i should provide free intakes now too? He elected to bail on the project before a deadline because a third party said something. I'm not going to sit around and dump money because he wanted to listen to someone else. Clearly that party was wrong because i would have had everything else done today. Sorry i'm not sorry that someone doesn't want to listen or have conversations. When you tell me you want nothing to do with the project, then come back once you see it's done before your deadline, that's pretty unreasonable. Considering that the original agreement also entailed him paying for both downpipes and intakes. Now you want both free because of your own decisions? Find me someone who thinks that is reasonable. If the car sat there for a month with no products, by all means, bend me over. But you're ignoring that fine detail.

-R
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #35
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You scanned his car to make the intakes first and foremost, hence this entire thread. Where's your RK designed catless downpipes thread?

Since you love avoiding the facts and being shady, I love how you glazed over my comment about your price adjustment for the sake of argument...just saying.

- J
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 03:43 PM   #36
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You scanned his car to make the intakes first and foremost, hence this entire thread. Where's your RK designed catless downpipes thread?

Since you love avoiding the facts and being shady, I love how you glazed over my comment about your price adjustment for the sake of argument...just saying.

- J
Dude you're ridiculous and unreasonable, this will be my last response to you. Incase you wonder why i stopped responding. You keep ignoring the fact that i've already PAID OUT OF MY POCKET for him to have a product. Even after he bailed. Not sure what world you think i'm responsible to continue to keep paying. Hope you become a vendor soon, i know they take selling product on here seriously and wish you the best on selling your product.

-R
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 07:10 AM   #37
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

09-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #38
Dr.Duct_Mossburg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Gray · E70 X5M

This is getting out of hand...

I was never told or promised anything free. As Raza said, my end was to pay cost on the product and donate my vehicle.

That being said I was never told I was going to get "free" downpipes either. Nor do I want something free. I was joking about the plastic intakes for free. Our last communication was that you were completely getting out of the downpipes business because of the heaps of money you were making on the intake and production times vs. Though I do see you're apparently still making them at fast rates. The only price I was quoted for downpipes to accompany my time line was $1500 by Frank for AR downpipes.

I didn't listen to anything from a third party... A third party gave you compliments on your talent but did hint that you lacked business maturity and accountability and often over extended yourself... biting off more than you can chew. That being said... he wasn't doing it to bash you. He was doing it to protect his reputation. I came to TTFS that day looking for services, not RkAutowerks. I would have done the EXACT same thing.

You completely bailed on the downpipes project (which was my sole reason for being a part of this) and it wasn't until I told you how i felt that you offered additional solutions.

While i'm not happy with the situation I do think you're getting hit a little hard on here for it but thats not my doing, asking or ability to control. As I told you before, good luck with everything... you do some cool stuff. Wish things would have went differently. At the end of the day if you provide a quality product with a good value/dollar ratio this thread won't hurt you.
      09-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #39
Crazy1323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

In no way, shape, or form has this thread steered me away from RK. I will be buying their intakes when they are available.

This has steered me away from anything associated with M5James
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #40
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If you're OK buying from someone who used and wasted the time of a fellow owner for his own personal gain, that's your choice. I'm offering to remove mine and have duplicates made for zero profit since the builder will be doing all the labor, shipping and payments. Your choice to have nothing to do with me means about as much as what I'd be making, which is nothing. Your screen name says all I need to know though.

Last edited by m5james; 09-17-2016 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #41
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Made the necessary adjustments tonight for fitment reasons, shipped off the design for 3d printing, hopefully i'll have it in my hands by tuesday.

-R
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #42
Creamo3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White X5M

Did you guys take any video of the truck while on the dyno? Would be curious to hear the difference in sound, as well as, the power increases. Would love to see the JB4 results as well
      09-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #43
Crazy1323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

I plan on ordering these once they are available. I don't have time for a full, in depth review, but I will post my thoughts on how a JB4 stacked on top of a Velos tune and these intakes work. Akrapovik downpipes, but exhaust otherwise stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamo3 View Post
Did you guys take any video of the truck while on the dyno? Would be curious to hear the difference in sound, as well as, the power increases. Would love to see the JB4 results as well
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 01:11 PM   #44
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Test fitting these again this week, got the new prototypes in, will update with pics and results.

-R
Appreciate 0