XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

11-10-2023, 06:02 PM   #1
tomjonesBT33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Garage List
Folks -

I’ve been looking for an affordable DIY engine tuning software for my X5M and none exist. I’ve recently came across the ByteTuner software by Renovelo and this is the type of tuning software that I’ve been seeking (www.Renovelo.com)

However they do not currently support the MSD85 for our X5M/X6M.

If you’re familiar with HP Tuners, I’m told this is the closet product to that one for the BMW community (www.HPTuners.com). I loved HP Tuners when I had my Jeep. I used it when I added a home brew supercharger to my Jeep (from a Mazda Mellinia).

These types of tuning tools give you access to tons of parameters in the DME such as ignition timing, injector timing and duration, air-fuel maps, throttle position maps and a lot more.

Specifically I want to be able to dial in the short term and long term fuel trims at partial throttle. It’s running a little rich.

So I’ve talked with Renovelo and they said they would be willing to add the MSD85 to their supported DMEs if we can get 25 people to commit to buying their tuning system. Cost would be $500 per person.

Let me know if you are interested in this.
Attached Images

2017 X1 xDrive28i - Alpine White
Appreciate 0