XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

add additinal codes to 2011 x5m

BMW just re-flashed or programmed my x5 today, so the prior owner had it where you can push 1 button to open trunk and again to close it (still works)

what DOES NOT work is I can put the windows down with the key fob, but i Now Can NOT put them back up

how do i go about and add all these cool features back to my car

thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

I'm in the process of doing this myself with the bmwhat app on my iphone. They also have it for the android platform. I have the app and am waiting on the obd2 port wifi transmitter from them. I tested the apps compatibility with my car with my friends port adapter and it worked great.

This app will let you read all fault codes, clear them, and the best part about the app imo, is it will code your car. It said I had 5 seperate modules that it could code and each module has a variety of options. Since I was at work, I did not have a battery tender on me to do the coding. I'm planning on doing a writeup about this in my journal once the transmitter arrives.

Being in Hawaii I've always had this problem finding someone to code so when I found out about this it was a no brainer. The owner is a cool dude too. Spoke to him via email in Germany. Quick to respond and is constantly updating the app. Btw his transmitter can be bought off of Amazon. So can the other transmitters if you don't want to use his.

Here is his site. Really cool stuff:

http://www.ivini-apps.com/

Good luck!
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
mitch808
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

There are also local coders if you search a bit in regional forums, as well as remote coders that can ship you a cable or walk you through the software and options with your own supplied cable. The vendor forum has mention of the remote coders and their rates
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
moeenulhaq
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
I'm in the process of doing this myself with the bmwhat app on my iphone. They also have it for the android platform. I have the app and am waiting on the obd2 port wifi transmitter from them. I tested the apps compatibility with my car with my friends port adapter and it worked great.

This app will let you read all fault codes, clear them, and the best part about the app imo, is it will code your car. It said I had 5 seperate modules that it could code and each module has a variety of options. Since I was at work, I did not have a battery tender on me to do the coding. I'm planning on doing a writeup about this in my journal once the transmitter arrives.

Being in Hawaii I've always had this problem finding someone to code so when I found out about this it was a no brainer. The owner is a cool dude too. Spoke to him via email in Germany. Quick to respond and is constantly updating the app. Btw his transmitter can be bought off of Amazon. So can the other transmitters if you don't want to use his.

Here is his site. Really cool stuff:

http://www.ivini-apps.com/

Good luck!

Did you order the wifi transmitter through him or Amazon? Which one is better WIFI or Bluetooth?

I don't see Wifi on his site… i only see BT or USB cable?

App looks great!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
Salottox5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

cool, thank you guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
BigBalls
Rep
Drives: X5

i think bluetooth for android, wifi for iphone
anyway i have cheap 19$ wifi adapter elm327 and it work just perfect with this app on iphone.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #7
KeithOwen
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M (2010)

Has anyone tried this app in anger? I'm really interesting in the coding it allows - does this feature work OK? I do have a cheap (and old) Bluetooth OBDII adapter which I tried with the demo version of the app, and I got a few messages saying my adapter didn't reveal all the info required.

I'm in Munich same as this guy so I'll drop him a line anyway, but I'd be interested in other's experiences.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #8
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Here is a write up I did on the app as the tool came in the other day. From my journal:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=326

What's also cool is you can read and clear the codes while driving. My edc tripped again yesterday as two of my KW resistors are not connected properly still. Plugged in the adapter and had the wife use the app to clear the codes. Watched the code disappear before my eyes and the edc was back to normal.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
KeithOwen
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Here is a write up I did on the app as the tool came in the other day. From my journal:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=326

What's also cool is you can read and clear the codes while driving. My edc tripped again yesterday as two of my KW resistors are not connected properly still. Plugged in the adapter and had the wife use the app to clear the codes. Watched the code disappear before my eyes and the edc was back to normal.
Thanks m3 guy, that's really useful. I ordered the Bluetooth adapter this afternoon. I'll report back when I have a chance to use it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithOwen View Post
Thanks m3 guy, that's really useful. I ordered the Bluetooth adapter this afternoon. I'll report back when I have a chance to use it.
Sounds good!
Appreciate 0