XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Aftermarket Sub Amp install help.

Hi,

I am going to install an aftermarket Amp and Sub into my brothers 03 E53 with DSP. Please someone take a look at how i plan to do the install and chime in to help where i am wrong.

Firstly i am going to expose the factory sub speaker wires. I understand there are 2 sets of +- wires but I will only need to tap into one set. I will be taping into the speaker lines going to the sub. Do i need a converter at this point or can I tap into he line with RCA wires? I will then tap the remote wire into purple/white signal wire connected to the harness on the tuner. Then the obvious connections Speaker wire from sub to amp, positive connection and then ground connection.

really my only issue is; do i need a signal converter when tapping the RCAs into the factory sub wires.
Appreciate 0