XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-08-2022, 04:50 PM   #1
KagariY
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 4 WD X5 3.0d

X5 E70 4 WD X5 3.0d- intake manifold is damaged

I got this car second-hand and had been driving it for a year, and the only issue that showed up on display was the particle filter [too expensive to replace, so I left it be], and recently a side light that needed a replacement warning came up.

And well, i bite the bullet and sent my beloved car to the BMW service they repaired the following.

Electrical
Need to check KAFAS cameras and boot camera wiring and camera for 2 hours.

Engine
Need to do oil service before particular filter regeneration

Transmission
Need to do a transfer case oil change and recalibrate.

Steering & Suspension - Front
Need to initialize the steering angle sensor.

Engine
Need to replace 6X glow plugs (could brake while removing), Glow plug control unit, Main thermostat for cooling with o ring, thermostat for EGR cooler with o ring 3Xcoolant, then need to regenerate the Particular filter.

Lights
Need to replace LH daytime driving light globe and holder and recheck

Engine Oil
Need to top up 1l of the engine oil

Engine
The throttle valve is jammed and needs to clean and rechecked.

Today I got another surprise charge.
Engine
FACTORY BACK ORDER (ETA is 30/12/22 in Germany, so ETA for us would be next year.)
Removed intake manifold and checked oil leak. The intake manifold is damaged. Need to replace. Due to the damage present- the Vehicle is not able to be driven.

At this point in time, I just want to know if I can leave the intake manifold as it is as I am trading the car within the next 6 mths.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 01:49 PM   #2
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagariY View Post
I got this car second-hand and had been driving it for a year, and the only issue that showed up on display was the particle filter [too expensive to replace, so I left it be], and recently a side light that needed a replacement warning came up.

And well, i bite the bullet and sent my beloved car to the BMW service they repaired the following.

Electrical
Need to check KAFAS cameras and boot camera wiring and camera for 2 hours.

Engine
Need to do oil service before particular filter regeneration

Transmission
Need to do a transfer case oil change and recalibrate.

Steering & Suspension - Front
Need to initialize the steering angle sensor.

Engine
Need to replace 6X glow plugs (could brake while removing), Glow plug control unit, Main thermostat for cooling with o ring, thermostat for EGR cooler with o ring 3Xcoolant, then need to regenerate the Particular filter.

Lights
Need to replace LH daytime driving light globe and holder and recheck

Engine Oil
Need to top up 1l of the engine oil

Engine
The throttle valve is jammed and needs to clean and rechecked.

Today I got another surprise charge.
Engine
FACTORY BACK ORDER (ETA is 30/12/22 in Germany, so ETA for us would be next year.)
Removed intake manifold and checked oil leak. The intake manifold is damaged. Need to replace. Due to the damage present- the Vehicle is not able to be driven.

At this point in time, I just want to know if I can leave the intake manifold as it is as I am trading the car within the next 6 mths.
Unless it was undrivable before, it seems strange that it's now in that position. It must have cost an absolute fortune sending it to BMW for all of that, I'm not sure how technically minded you are but assuming it is the intake manifold that's broke I'd literally just eBay one with some new gaskets and that's it. Also, have they actually fixed some of those issues or are they just doing things to then see if they're fixed, one example doing a service before doing the DPF lol.
Appreciate 0